5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a a substance composed of two or more metals, or of a metal or metals with a nonmetal, intimately mixed, as by fusion or electrodeposition.
- b a bright flame or fire
- c not steady or firm; unstable; shaky
- d a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed
- e having the nap worn off so as to lay bare the threads of the warp and woof, as a fabric, garment, etc.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- something that remains above what is used or needed
- 1. a nonhuman creature; beast.
2. a brutal, insensitive, or crude person.
3. the animal qualities, desires, etc., of humankind:
- to tell of beforehand; predict; prophesy.
- to burn unsteadily; shine with a wavering light
- a broad-mouthed container, usually cylindrical and of glass or earthenware
5 True/False Questions
plush → a fabric, as of silk, cotton, or wool, whose pile is more than 1 / 8 inch (0.3 cm) high
decay → to bring back from memory; recollect; remember
blurt → to utter suddenly or inadvertently; divulge impulsively or unadvisedly (usually followed by out ):
tender → to hesitate or waver in action, purpose, intent, etc.; give way
dearth → to utter suddenly or inadvertently; divulge impulsively or unadvisedly (usually followed by out ):