5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough
- b something that remains above what is used or needed
- c 1. a nonhuman creature; beast.
2. a brutal, insensitive, or crude person.
3. the animal qualities, desires, etc., of humankind:
- d a fabric, as of silk, cotton, or wool, whose pile is more than 1 / 8 inch (0.3 cm) high
- e in a state of foul decay or decomposition, as animal or vegetable matter; rotten.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- tightly drawn; tense; not slack.
- a bright flame or fire
- to hesitate or waver in action, purpose, intent, etc.; give way
- an inadequate supply; scarcity; lack
- a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed
5 True/False Questions
coarse → a broad-mouthed container, usually cylindrical and of glass or earthenware
unsteady → in a state of foul decay or decomposition, as animal or vegetable matter; rotten.
jar → a microorganism, especially when disease-producing; microbe.
threadbare → having the nap worn off so as to lay bare the threads of the warp and woof, as a fabric, garment, etc.
foretell → to tell of beforehand; predict; prophesy.