5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a not steady or firm; unstable; shaky
- b tightly drawn; tense; not slack.
- c to burn unsteadily; shine with a wavering light
- d in a state of foul decay or decomposition, as animal or vegetable matter; rotten.
- e bending readily without breaking or becoming deformed; pliant; flexible
5 Multiple choice questions
- a feline mammal of Europe and North America, with grey-brown mottled fur, tufted ears, and a short tail
- to hesitate or waver in action, purpose, intent, etc.; give way
- soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough
- an inadequate supply; scarcity; lack
- a bright flame or fire
5 True/False questions
surplus → something that remains above what is used or needed
recall → to bring back from memory; recollect; remember
brute → 1. a nonhuman creature; beast.
2. a brutal, insensitive, or crude person.
3. the animal qualities, desires, etc., of humankind:
coarse → to tranquilize or calm, as a person or the feelings; relieve, comfort, or refresh
blurt → a fabric, as of silk, cotton, or wool, whose pile is more than 1 / 8 inch (0.3 cm) high