5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed
- b something that remains above what is used or needed
- c soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough
- d a bright flame or fire
- e a fabric, as of silk, cotton, or wool, whose pile is more than 1 / 8 inch (0.3 cm) high
5 Multiple choice questions
- a feline mammal of Europe and North America, with grey-brown mottled fur, tufted ears, and a short tail
- to tell of beforehand; predict; prophesy.
- to hesitate or waver in action, purpose, intent, etc.; give way
- having the nap worn off so as to lay bare the threads of the warp and woof, as a fabric, garment, etc.
- a substance composed of two or more metals, or of a metal or metals with a nonmetal, intimately mixed, as by fusion or electrodeposition.
5 True/False questions
unsteady → not steady or firm; unstable; shaky
recall → to bring back from memory; recollect; remember
putrid → a microorganism, especially when disease-producing; microbe.
coarse → composed of relatively large parts or particles
texture → soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough