5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to hesitate or waver in action, purpose, intent, etc.; give way
- b a substance composed of two or more metals, or of a metal or metals with a nonmetal, intimately mixed, as by fusion or electrodeposition.
- c a broad-mouthed container, usually cylindrical and of glass or earthenware
- d a bright flame or fire
- e a dog of mixed or indeterminate breed
5 Multiple choice questions
- the visual and especially tactile quality of a surface
- to tranquilize or calm, as a person or the feelings; relieve, comfort, or refresh
- to tell of beforehand; predict; prophesy.
- having the nap worn off so as to lay bare the threads of the warp and woof, as a fabric, garment, etc.
- to burn unsteadily; shine with a wavering light
5 True/False questions
surplus → bending readily without breaking or becoming deformed; pliant; flexible
plush → to utter suddenly or inadvertently; divulge impulsively or unadvisedly (usually followed by out ):
taut → tightly drawn; tense; not slack.
blurt → a fabric, as of silk, cotton, or wool, whose pile is more than 1 / 8 inch (0.3 cm) high
tender → soft or delicate in substance; not hard or tough