5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- a Most North American Indians lived in small semi-nomadic agricultural and hunting communities.
- b Much of the impetus for Spanish exploration and pursuit of glory came from Spain's recent
- c North America was first settled by people who came by boat across the water of the Pacific Strait from Japan to Alaska.
- d A crucial political development that paved the way for the European colonization of America was
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Among the important forces that first stimulated European interest in trade and discovery was
- The primary staples of Indian agriculture were
- A primary motive for the European voyages of discovery was the desire to find a less expensive route to Asian goods and markets.
- The beginnings of African slavery developed in response to the Spanish conquest of the Americas.
- The Iroquois Confederacy remained a strong political and military influence until
5 True/False Questions
False → No Europeans had ever set foot on the American continents prior to Columbus's arrival in 1492.
False → The Portuguese were the first to enter the slave trade and establish large -scale plantations using slave labor in
a. → A crucial political development that paved the way for the European colonization of America was
b. → Among the most important American Indian products to spread to the Old World were
b. → A crucial political development that paved the way for the European colonization of America was