← Chapter 14 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ED50 (effective dose 50%)
- Risk Assessment
- Dose-response curve
- Chronic Exposure
- a The amount of a toxicant it takes to effect 50% of a population of test animals.
- b A curve that plots the response of test animalss to different doses of a toxicant. This response in generally quantified by measuring the proportion of animals exhibiting negative effects.
- c Exposure for long periods of time to a toxicant occuring in low amounts.
- d The quantitative measuremtnt of risk, together with the comparison of risks involved in different activities or sustances
- e The magnification of the concentration of toxicants in an organism caused by its consumption of other rganisms in which toxicants have bioaccumulated
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A toxiant that interferes with the endorcine system
- An interactive effect that is more than or different from the simple sum of their consitituent effects.
- A chemical or type of radiation that causes cancer
- The process of considering information from scientific risk assessment in light of economic, social, and political needs and values, in order to make decisions and design strategies to minimize risk.
- A toxicant that causes mutations in the DNA of organisms
5 True/False Questions
Epidemiological studies → A toxiant that interferes with the endorcine system
Toxicology → The sceintific feild that exammins the effects of posinous chemicals and other agents on humans and other organisms.
Bioaccumulation → The buildup of toxants in the tissues of an animal
Anthropogenic → A human centeres view of our relationship with the enviroment
Allergens → A toxicant that causes mutations in the DNA of organisms