5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is more than 5 times the mass of the Sun?
- What shape is the Milky Way galaxy?
- Which is larger: a solar system or a galaxy?
- From birth to death, our sun is expected to spend a total of __________________ years in its main sequence, before running out of Hydrogen fuel
- What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur?
- a extreme heat and pressure
- b a galaxy
- c black hole
- d spiral
- e 10 billion years
5 Multiple choice questions
- dark energy
- the universe is expanding
- 13.7 billion years
5 True/False questions
What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun? → neutron star
Which theory explains that all matter in the universe expanded from a single point? → Hubble's Law
In a star's main sequence the element _____________ is being fused into the element _____________. → hydrogen, helium
What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed? → Big Bang theory
The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________. → dark matter