5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A light source that is rapidly moving away from an observer will exhibit ____________.
- One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________.
- Which is larger: a solar system or a galaxy?
- What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed?
- The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________.
- a Big Bang theory
- b a galaxy
- c light year
- d dark energy
- e redshift
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Hubble's Law
- dark matter
- nuclear fusion
- The Big Bang Theory
5 True/False Questions
What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun? → black hole
What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener? → Milky Way
What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is more than 5 times the mass of the Sun? → neutron star
The coolest stars burn ________, while the hottest stars burn ________. → red; (yellow, white); blue
What does redshift tell scientists about the universe? → the universe is expanding