5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In a star's main sequence the element _____________ is being fused into the element _____________.
- What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is more than 5 times the mass of the Sun?
- Stars are born from clouds of dust and gas called __________________.
- The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________.
- Which law states that the farther away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away
- a black hole
- b nebulae
- c hydrogen, helium
- d Hubble's Law
- e light year
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- white dwarf
- The Big Bang Theory
5 True/False Questions
One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________. → dark energy
A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element? → helium
What does redshift tell scientists about the universe? → the universe is expanding
What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed? → the universe is expanding
What is the name of the galaxy we live in? → Milky Way