5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________.
- What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun?
- What do small stars become after their red giant stage?
- The larger a star is, the ____________ its main sequence will be.
- Which law states that the farther away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away
- a white dwarf
- b Hubble's Law
- c neutron star
- d shorter
- e dark energy
5 Multiple choice questions
- 13.7 billion years
- Milky Way
- dark matter
- black hole
5 True/False questions
What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur? → white dwarf
The coolest stars burn ________, while the hottest stars burn ________. → shorter
Stars are born from clouds of dust and gas called __________________. → dark matter
From birth to death, our sun is expected to spend a total of __________________ years in its main sequence, before running out of Hydrogen fuel → 10 billion years
What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed? → the universe is expanding