5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Approximately how old is the universe?
- What shape is the Milky Way galaxy?
- What do small stars become after their red giant stage?
- From birth to death, our sun is expected to spend a total of __________________ years in its main sequence, before running out of Hydrogen fuel
- What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener?
- a the pitch goes up (increases in frequency)
- b 10 billion years
- c white dwarf
- d spiral
- e 13.7 billion years
5 Multiple choice questions
- Big Bang theory
- light year
- neutron star
- a galaxy
5 True/False questions
What process creates energy the core of stars? → spiral
The coolest stars burn ________, while the hottest stars burn ________. → red; (yellow, white); blue
What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur? → extreme heat and pressure
Stars are born from clouds of dust and gas called __________________. → dark matter
What does redshift tell scientists about the universe? → the universe is expanding