← Unit 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the heaviest element that red supergiants can create by nuclear fusion?
- What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is more than 5 times the mass of the Sun?
- One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________.
- A light source that is rapidly moving away from an observer will exhibit ____________.
- Mysterious matter that doesn't emit light is called ______________________.
- a redshift
- b iron
- c dark energy
- d black hole
- e dark matter
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- white dwarf
- a galaxy
- the pitch goes up (increases in frequency)
- extreme heat and pressure
5 True/False Questions
What process creates energy the core of stars? → nuclear fusion
Approximately how old is the universe? → spiral
What does redshift tell scientists about the universe? → 13.7 billion years
What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed? → Big Bang theory
Stars are born from clouds of dust and gas called __________________. → dark matter