5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which is larger: a solar system or a galaxy?
- A light source that is rapidly moving away from an observer will exhibit ____________.
- What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
- A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element?
- Mysterious matter that doesn't emit light is called ______________________.
- a a galaxy
- b dark matter
- c Milky Way
- d redshift
- e helium
5 Multiple choice questions
- neutron star
- Big Bang theory
- black hole
- white dwarf
- dark energy
5 True/False questions
What is the heaviest element that red supergiants can create by nuclear fusion? → Milky Way
The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________. → dark matter
Which law states that the farther away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away → a galaxy
What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener? → Milky Way
Approximately how old is the universe? → 13.7 billion years