5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Approximately how old is the universe?
- What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
- What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur?
- From birth to death, our sun is expected to spend a total of __________________ years in its main sequence, before running out of Hydrogen fuel
- What do small stars become after their red giant stage?
- a extreme heat and pressure
- b 10 billion years
- c 13.7 billion years
- d white dwarf
- e Milky Way
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- red; (yellow, white); blue
- dark energy
- Big Bang theory
5 True/False Questions
The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________. → light year
Which law states that the farther away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away → Milky Way
What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is less than about 5 times the mass of the Sun? → neutron star
What does redshift tell scientists about the universe? → the universe is expanding
How are elements heavier than iron created? → spiral