← Unit 10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In a star's main sequence the element _____________ is being fused into the element _____________.
- The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________.
- A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element?
- From birth to death, our sun is expected to spend a total of __________________ years in its main sequence, before running out of Hydrogen fuel
- Which is larger: a solar system or a galaxy?
- a light year
- b helium
- c hydrogen, helium
- d a galaxy
- e 10 billion years
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- dark energy
- Hubble's Law
- the pitch goes up (increases in frequency)
5 True/False Questions
What is the name of the galaxy we live in? → spiral
Mysterious matter that doesn't emit light is called ______________________. → light year
What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed? → the universe is expanding
Which theory explains that all matter in the universe expanded from a single point? → The Big Bang Theory
Stars are born from clouds of dust and gas called __________________. → dark matter