5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What object will be created by the supernova when the leftover core is more than 5 times the mass of the Sun?
- Which theory explains that all matter in the universe expanded from a single point?
- What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
- What process creates energy the core of stars?
- What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur?
- a nuclear fusion
- b black hole
- c extreme heat and pressure
- d The Big Bang Theory
- e Milky Way
5 Multiple choice questions
- neutron star
- Hubble's Law
- white dwarf
- 10 billion years
5 True/False questions
A light source that is rapidly moving away from an observer will exhibit ____________. → redshift
The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________. → light year
Which is larger: a solar system or a galaxy? → spiral
Approximately how old is the universe? → 13.7 billion years
A star enters its red giant stage when it begins fusing which element? → helium