5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the name of the galaxy we live in?
- What conditions are necessary for nuclear fusion to occur?
- The distance that light can travel in one year is called a ____________________.
- One explanation for the accelerating expansion for the universe is an undiscovered form of energy called ________________________.
- What is the most widely accepted explanation for how the universe formed?
- a dark energy
- b light year
- c extreme heat and pressure
- d Milky Way
- e Big Bang theory
5 Multiple choice questions
- red; (yellow, white); blue
- white dwarf
- nuclear fusion
- dark matter
5 True/False questions
Which law states that the farther away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away → Hubble's Law
What happens to the pitch of a car horn as it approaches a listener? → Milky Way
From birth to death, our sun is expected to spend a total of __________________ years in its main sequence, before running out of Hydrogen fuel → nebulae
What shape is the Milky Way galaxy? → Milky Way
What does redshift tell scientists about the universe? → the universe is expanding