5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Jesus Prayer
- Prologue to John's Gospel
- "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
- St. Athanasius
- a "For God became man so that we might become God"
- b Professed by the Apostle Peter regarding Jesus' true identity
- c In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- d That God took on human flesh and became man: fully human and fully divine
- e Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
5 Multiple choice questions
- (Yehoshua) - Yahweh saves
- self-emptying: what God did to become human and what we need to do in order to be united with God
- The man we call Jesus, who walked the earth 2000 years ago
- Kurios/Kyrios in Greek; Adonai in Hebrew
- inciting a rebellion against the government
5 True/False questions
Docetism → from Greek Christos meaning anointed one
dogma → solemn teaching of the Church & central truth of revelation
Alpha & Omega → Accusation by Jewish leaders of Jesus making himself equal to God
St. Augustine → You have created us for yourself, O God, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you.
A.D. → Kurios/Kyrios in Greek; Adonai in Hebrew