← Intro to Gospels Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Jesus of History
- Scripture and Tradition
- salvation history
- a How God reveals himself to us
- b the story of God's saving activity in human history
- c The man we call Jesus, who walked the earth 2000 years ago
- d from Hebrew mashiah meaning anointed one
- e Good News
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- divinely inspired writings; Old and New Testament
- Anno Domini, In the year of our Lord
- from Greek Christos meaning anointed one
- First & last letters of Greek alphabet; monogram for Christ as He is the beginning and the end.
- Accusation by Jewish leaders of Jesus making himself equal to God
5 True/False Questions
"You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God." → Professed by the Apostle Peter regarding Jesus' true identity
St. Augustine → You have created us for yourself, O God, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you.
St. Athanasius → "For God became man so that we might become God"
Dionysius Exiguus → 6th c. monk and inventor of the anno Domini era
theosis → self-emptying: what God did to become human and what we need to do in order to be united with God