5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- plasma, 45
- albumins, fibrinogen, globulins
- transport medium
- a __ - cell fragments derived (broken off from) from large bone marrow cells (megakaryocytes)
- b Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
- c Plasma contains 3 major proteins: __, __, __ and nutrients, metabolic end products, hormones.
- d Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
- e When you take a blood sample and spin it around by centrifuge --- the part that falls to the bottom is called __ (defined as the percentage of blood volume that is erythrocytes).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- __ - is the breakdown product of hemoglobin, gives plasma yellowish color.
- There are five types of WBC's: (remember the nmenoic: Never Let Monkey's Eat Banana's...this also lists the types in volume highest to lowest)
- Plasma proteins exert __ __ in capillaries.
- When vessel is __, exposed collagen initiates a cascade of reactions involving successive activation of clotting factors.
- Hemoglobin is packed with Fe (__) which can __ and __ with oxygen
5 True/False Questions
120, 250 → Erythrocytes have a short life span (__ days)--> we produce __ billion/day.
hemostasis → RBC's are packed full of __ - iron (Fe) containing molecule that can loosely, reversibly bind with O2.
liquid, 55 → Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
kidneys, oxygen → Erythrocytes are specialized for primary function of __ __ in the blood.
erythropoietin → The process that produces RBC's is called __.