5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- transport oxygen
- proteolytic, fibrin
- spleen, liver
- a RBC cells (erythroycytes) die in the __ and __.
- b Erythrocytes are specialized for primary function of __ __ in the blood.
- c Plasmin is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes fibrin --> __ blood clots.
- d Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.
- e Plasmin is a ___ enzyme that decomposes ___, which dissolves blood clots.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Erythrocytes do not contain __, __, or __
- Plasma help in __ __.
- There are five types of WBC's: (remember the nmenoic: Never Let Monkey's Eat Banana's...this also lists the types in volume highest to lowest)
- When vessel is __, exposed collagen initiates a cascade of reactions involving successive activation of clotting factors.
- __ __ - reduces blood flow through injured vessel (narrow's vessel wall by closing diameter and reducing flow)
5 True/False Questions
erythropoietin, low → Erythropoiesis - erythrocyte production by a hormone called __.
45 → Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.
liver, osmotic pressure, blood clotting → Plasma proteins: are made by the __, exert __ __ in the capillaries, and help in __ __.
liver → Plasma proteins are made by the __.
basophil → __ (WBC) - allergenic response and clearing of fat from blood