5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- bone marrow
- spleen, liver
- a __ (WBC) - attack parasitic worms and key role in (sorry, not have in my notes)
- b RBC cells (erythroycytes) die in the __ and __.
- c Platelet plug does not spread past site of injury because they only stick to the exposed __.
- d When you take a blood sample and spin it around by centrifuge --- the part that falls to the bottom is called __ (defined as the percentage of blood volume that is erythrocytes).
- e New RBC cells are made by __ __.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- __ (WBC) - immune defense against bacteria, viruses (produce antibodies).
- __ (WBC) - allergenic response and clearing of fat from blood
- Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.
- Plasma is the __ portion of blood ( __ %)
- __ (WBC) - enlarge to become large tissue phagocytes called macrophages.
5 True/False Questions
plasmin, fibrin → __ is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes __
45 → Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.
prostacyclin → Unharmed endothelium secretes __ (hormone) and nitric oxide which inhibits platelet aggregation (only around injured area)
transport oxygen → Erythrocytes are specialized for primary function of __ __ in the blood.
bilirubin → Ultimately converts fibrinogen (a protein) to __ (thread like molecule, like a spider web).