5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 120, 250
- plasma, 45
- a Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
- b __ - arrest (stopping) of bleeding from injured vessel.
- c RBC's are packed full of __ - iron (Fe) containing molecule that can loosely, reversibly bind with O2.
- d Erythrocytes have a short life span (__ days)--> we produce __ billion/day.
- e Ultimately converts fibrinogen (a protein) to __ (thread like molecule, like a spider web).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Erythrocytes do not contain __, __, or __
- __ is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes __
- The process that produces RBC's is called __.
- __ __ (or blood coagulation) - reinforces platelet plug and converts blood in vicinity of injury to a non-flowing gell.
- __ (WBC) - engulf bacteria and debris
5 True/False Questions
monocyte → __ (WBC) - enlarge to become large tissue phagocytes called macrophages.
prostacyclin → Unharmed endothelium secretes __ (hormone) and nitric oxide which inhibits platelet aggregation (only around injured area)
RBC's → Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.
inactive precursor → The reason why you can get hemostasis to effect immediately is: most factors necessary for clotting are always present in the plasma in __ __ form.
erythrocytes → The process that produces RBC's is called __.