5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils
- formed elements, plasma
- a There are five types of WBC's: (remember the nmenoic: Never Let Monkey's Eat Banana's...this also lists the types in volume highest to lowest)
- b Most factors necessary for clotting are always present in plasma in inactive __ (they are always ready to go) form. They are triggered by exposed collagen.
- c Blood is composed of __ __ (cells and cell fragments) suspended in liquid (or __)
- d __ (WBC) - enlarge to become large tissue phagocytes called macrophages.
- e When you take a blood sample and spin it around by centrifuge --- the part that falls to the bottom is called __ (defined as the percentage of blood volume that is erythrocytes).
5 Multiple choice questions
- The reason why you can get hemostasis to effect immediately is: most factors necessary for clotting are always present in the plasma in __ __ form.
- Erythrocytes are specialized for primary function of __ __ in the blood.
- __ (WBC) - allergenic response and clearing of fat from blood
- __ __ - reduces blood flow through injured vessel (narrow's vessel wall by closing diameter and reducing flow)
- __ - cell fragments derived (broken off from) from large bone marrow cells (megakaryocytes)
5 True/False questions
negative → Plasma proteins are made by the __.
albumins, fibrinogen, globulins → __ is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes __
erythrocytes, leukocytes, platelets → ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
leukocytes → These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
collagen → Platelet plug does not spread past site of injury because they only stick to the exposed __.