5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- osmotic pressure
- a When blood clots are no longer needed, they are dissolved by __.
- b Plasma proteins exert __ __ in capillaries.
- c Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.
- d The process that produces RBC's is called __.
- e Meshwork entangles ___ cells to complete clot formation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.
- Blood is composed of __ __ (cells and cell fragments) suspended in liquid (or __)
- __ is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes __
- Blood cells are suspended in __ and account for __% of the blood volume.
- There are five types of WBC's: (remember the nmenoic: Never Let Monkey's Eat Banana's...this also lists the types in volume highest to lowest)
5 True/False Questions
albumins, fibrinogen, globulins → __ is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes __
negative → The feedback system that controls more RBC's is a __ feedback system.
proteolytic, fibrin → Plasmin is a ___ enzyme that decomposes ___, which dissolves blood clots.
spread → Platelet plug does not __ past site of injury (because they only stick to the exposed collagen).
monocyte → __ (WBC) - enlarge to become large tissue phagocytes called macrophages.