5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- osmotic pressure
- a When you take a blood sample and spin it around by centrifuge --- the part that falls to the bottom is called __ (defined as the percentage of blood volume that is erythrocytes).
- b Ultimately converts fibrinogen (a protein) to __ (thread like molecule, like a spider web).
- c These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
- d Plasma proteins exert __ __ in capillaries.
- e __ (WBC) - engulf bacteria and debris
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.
- Plasma is the __ portion of blood ( __ %)
- __ (WBC) - allergenic response and clearing of fat from blood
- Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
- Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by the __ in response to low __ supplies.
5 True/False Questions
negative → Plasma proteins are made by the __.
hemostasis → RBC's are packed full of __ - iron (Fe) containing molecule that can loosely, reversibly bind with O2.
lymphocytes → __ (WBC) - immune defense against bacteria, viruses (produce antibodies).
liver → Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.
erythropoietin, low → Erythropoiesis - erythrocyte production by a hormone called __.