5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Platelets play important role in __, therefore are essential to blood clotting.
- b Erythropoiesis - erythrocyte production by a hormone called __.
- c When a cell wall gets reptured what is exposed?
- d Unharmed endothelium secretes __ (hormone) and nitric oxide which inhibits platelet aggregation (only around injured area)
- e __ - cell fragments derived (broken off from) from large bone marrow cells (megakaryocytes)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Ultimately converts fibrinogen (a protein) to __ (thread like molecule, like a spider web).
- ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
- __ (WBC) - engulf bacteria and debris
- Plasma is the __ portion of blood ( __ %)
- The reason why you can get hemostasis to effect immediately is: most factors necessary for clotting are always present in the plasma in __ __ form.
5 True/False questions
neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils → Blood cells are made up of __, __, and __.
plasmin → When blood clots are no longer needed, they are dissolved by __.
dissolving → Plasmin is a proteolytic (breaks down proteins) enzyme that decomposes fibrin --> __ blood clots.
bilirubin → __ - is the breakdown product of hemoglobin, gives plasma yellowish color.
transport oxygen → Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.