5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- proteolytic, fibrin
- blood clotting
- 120, 250
- a Plasma help in __ __.
- b __ (WBC) - immune defense against bacteria, viruses (produce antibodies).
- c Plasmin is a ___ enzyme that decomposes ___, which dissolves blood clots.
- d Platelet plug does not __ past site of injury (because they only stick to the exposed collagen).
- e Erythrocytes have a short life span (__ days)--> we produce __ billion/day.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Plasma proteins: are made by the __, exert __ __ in the capillaries, and help in __ __.
- Blood is composed of __ __ (cells and cell fragments) suspended in liquid (or __)
- Erythropoiesis - erythrocyte production by a hormone called __.
- Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by the __ in response to low __ supplies.
- Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
5 True/False questions
liver → Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.
fibrin → __ - is an insoluble threadlike molecule, is laid down as the meshwork of the clot.
platelet plugging, collagen → __ __ - aggregation of platelets quickly plugs defect as soon as they come in contact with __ in damaged vessel wall.
neutrophils, lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, basophils → Blood cells are made up of __, __, and __.
bilirubin → __ - is an insoluble threadlike molecule, is laid down as the meshwork of the clot.