5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- spleen, liver
- platelet plugging, collagen
- a Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.
- b RBC cells (erythroycytes) die in the __ and __.
- c __ __ - aggregation of platelets quickly plugs defect as soon as they come in contact with __ in damaged vessel wall.
- d When a cell wall gets reptured what is exposed?
- e Meshwork entangles ___ cells to complete clot formation.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ___ make up 99% of all blood cells.
- Hemoglobin is packed with Fe (__) which can __ and __ with oxygen
- RBC's are packed full of __ - iron (Fe) containing molecule that can loosely, reversibly bind with O2.
- The reason why you can get hemostasis to effect immediately is: most factors necessary for clotting are always present in the plasma in __ __ form.
- Erythropoietin is a hormone produced by the __ in response to low __ supplies.
5 True/False questions
transport oxygen → Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
liver, osmotic pressure, blood clotting → Plasma proteins: are made by the __, exert __ __ in the capillaries, and help in __ __.
plasma, 45 → Plasma is the __ portion of blood ( __ %)
monocyte → __ (WBC) - enlarge to become large tissue phagocytes called macrophages.
99 → Erythrocytes (RBC's) make up __ % of blood cells.