5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- blood clotting
- a Plasma help in __ __.
- b When you take a blood sample and spin it around by centrifuge --- the part that falls to the bottom is called __ (defined as the percentage of blood volume that is erythrocytes).
- c Platelet plug does not spread past site of injury because they only stick to the exposed __.
- d Erythropoiesis - erythrocyte production by a hormone called __.
- e Unharmed endothelium secretes __ (hormone) and nitric oxide which inhibits platelet aggregation (only around injured area)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- __ - arrest (stopping) of bleeding from injured vessel.
- These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
- The process that produces RBC's is called __.
- Blood cells make up __ % of the blood.
- __ - cell fragments derived (broken off from) from large bone marrow cells (megakaryocytes)
5 True/False Questions
transport medium → Erythrocytes are specialized for primary function of __ __ in the blood.
transport oxygen → Plasma serves as the __ __ for substances being carried in the blood.
lymphocytes → These blood cells are the defense corps of body. They attack foreign invaders, destroy abnormal cells, clean up cellular debris. They are called __.
precursor → Most factors necessary for clotting are always present in plasma in inactive __ (they are always ready to go) form. They are triggered by exposed collagen.
platelet plugging, collagen → __ __ - aggregation of platelets quickly plugs defect as soon as they come in contact with __ in damaged vessel wall.