5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- natural climate variability
- solar maxium
- a the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun
- b a combination of abar and line chart used to show the climate of a place over a 12 month period.
- c the ratio of reflected radiation from the surface to incident radiation. the diffuse reflectivity or reflecting power of a surface.
- d the significant and lasting change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns over periods of time. (climate changes)
- e how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the measure of solar radiation or energy received on a given surface area in a given ime.
- a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. this process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect
- the lowest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
- made up in the lithosphere. this affects climate as an example of the continental drift.
- the highest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
5 True/False questions
hydrosphere → the combined mass of water found on, under, and over the surface of a planet.
cryosphere → the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice
topography → a combination of abar and line chart used to show the climate of a place over a 12 month period.
climograph → A graph that depicts the annual cycle of temperature and rainfall for a geographical locations. On the graph, one vertical access shows temperature, the second vertical access shows rainfall, and the horizontal access shows time.
volcanic particulates → (volcanic ash) volcanic ash consists of small pieces of tephra, which are bits of pulverized rock and glass created by volcanic eruptions