← Meteorology Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- volcanic particulates
- greenhouse gases
- plate tectonics
- a conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time.
- b made up in the lithosphere. this affects climate as an example of the continental drift.
- c (volcanic ash) volcanic ash consists of small pieces of tephra, which are bits of pulverized rock and glass created by volcanic eruptions
- d a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. this process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect
- e the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the period of least solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun.
- the highest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
- the change in the amount of radiation emitted by the sun and its spectral distribution over years to millennia.
- the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun
- how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.
5 True/False Questions
biosphere → the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice
albedo → the ratio of reflected radiation from the surface to incident radiation. the diffuse reflectivity or reflecting power of a surface.
climograph → A graph that depicts the annual cycle of temperature and rainfall for a geographical locations. On the graph, one vertical access shows temperature, the second vertical access shows rainfall, and the horizontal access shows time.
koppen climate classification → the most widely used climate classification systems- vegetation.the best expression of climate.
minium temperature → the lowest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.