5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- minium temperature
- volcanic particulates
- natural climate variability
- a the lowest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
- b the combined mass of water found on, under, and over the surface of a planet.
- c (volcanic ash) volcanic ash consists of small pieces of tephra, which are bits of pulverized rock and glass created by volcanic eruptions
- d the significant and lasting change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns over periods of time. (climate changes)
- e conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the ratio of reflected radiation from the surface to incident radiation. the diffuse reflectivity or reflecting power of a surface.
- the global sum of all ecosystems. can also be the zone of life on Earth.
- the primary greenhouse gases are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.
- the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice
- the study of earth's surface shape and features or those of plantes, moons, or asteroids.
5 True/False questions
climograph → a combination of abar and line chart used to show the climate of a place over a 12 month period.
climate → how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.
plate tectonics → the period of least solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun.
greenhouse gases → a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. this process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect
solar maxium → the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun