5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- solar maxium
- a the combined mass of water found on, under, and over the surface of a planet.
- b the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun
- c the study of earth's surface shape and features or those of plantes, moons, or asteroids.
- d A graph that depicts the annual cycle of temperature and rainfall for a geographical locations. On the graph, one vertical access shows temperature, the second vertical access shows rainfall, and the horizontal access shows time.
- e a spot or patch appearing dark by its surroundings, caused by the intens magnetic activity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- how the atmospheres behaves over relatively long periods of time.
- the ratio of reflected radiation from the surface to incident radiation. the diffuse reflectivity or reflecting power of a surface.
- (volcanic ash) volcanic ash consists of small pieces of tephra, which are bits of pulverized rock and glass created by volcanic eruptions
- the most widely used climate classification systems- vegetation.the best expression of climate.
- a combination of abar and line chart used to show the climate of a place over a 12 month period.
5 True/False questions
natural climate variability → the most widely used climate classification systems- vegetation.the best expression of climate.
greenhouse gases → a gas in an atmosphere that absorbs and emits radiation within the thermal infrared range. this process is the fundamental cause of the greenhouse effect
minium temperature → the highest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
plate tectonics → made up in the lithosphere. this affects climate as an example of the continental drift.
biosphere → the term which collectively means the portions of the earths surface where water is in solid form including sea ice, pond ice, and lake ice