5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- greenhouse effect
- maximum temperature
- a the combined mass of water found on, under, and over the surface of a planet.
- b the highest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
- c the study of earth's surface shape and features or those of plantes, moons, or asteroids.
- d conditions of the atmosphere are over a short period of time.
- e the primary greenhouse gases are water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, and ozone.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (volcanic ash) volcanic ash consists of small pieces of tephra, which are bits of pulverized rock and glass created by volcanic eruptions
- A graph that depicts the annual cycle of temperature and rainfall for a geographical locations. On the graph, one vertical access shows temperature, the second vertical access shows rainfall, and the horizontal access shows time.
- a spot or patch appearing dark by its surroundings, caused by the intens magnetic activity.
- made up in the lithosphere. this affects climate as an example of the continental drift.
- the period of greatest solar activity in the solar cycle of the sun
5 True/False Questions
natural climate variability → the significant and lasting change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns over periods of time. (climate changes)
minium temperature → the highest temperature recorded during a specified period of time.
albedo → the ratio of reflected radiation from the surface to incident radiation. the diffuse reflectivity or reflecting power of a surface.
insolation → the measure of solar radiation or energy received on a given surface area in a given ime.
koppen climate classification → the most widely used climate classification systems- vegetation.the best expression of climate.