5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- About how many tremors does Iran experience in a year?
- What is the name of the tallest mountain peak?
- Why does the natural environment of Iran make it a difficult place to live?
- The Caspian Sea is too salty to support much life. However, it does (did) produce one luxury export, what is it?
- a Mount Demavand
- b deserts and mountains dominate the landscape along with light rainfall, few rivers, and salty lakes
- c 100's
- d Caviar and Salted Fish Eggs
- e ancient city in Iraq known for its luxury, fortifies walls, hanging gardens, Nebuchadnezzar
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ruled by a king or queen/royal family
- underground canal system
- 1st king of the Persian Empire; in power from 558-529 BC
5 True/False Questions
How long has the qanat system been in place? → 2,500 yrs
How many rivers in Iran are actually able to be sailed by ships? → One, the Karun
While in what is now Iran, what happened to Silk Road travelers? → 1/6
In which desert of Iran was the salt crystal layer on? → Kavir
Achaemenid Dynasty → 1st king of the Persian Empire; in power from 558-529 BC