5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The text of an opera is called:
- The three main sections of sonata-allegro form are the exposition, development, and:
- Which of the following women organized concerts featuring music by her brother?
- Which of the following is a common characteristic of the second movement of a multimovement cycle?
- What does the "interruption" in Bartok's Interrupted Intermezzo represent?
- a The libretto.
- b A slow tempo, theme and variations form, and new key.
- c The Nazi invasion of Russia in 1942.
- d Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel.
- e Recapitulation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An aria.
- Scott Joplin.
- Triangles, cymbals, and bass drums.
5 True/False Questions
Music based on the seven tones of a major or minor scaled is called: → Diatonic.
The greatest native English composer of the Baroque was: → Henry Purcell.
An arrangement of the twelve chromatic tones that serves as the basis of the a twelve-tone composition. → The second movement.
Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique is an example of: → A program symphony.
Which character in Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro is best described as a young, innocent man who is in love with love? → Cherubino.