5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A drama that is sung is called:
- The late Romantic Italian opera tradition was characterized by a movement toward realism called:
- Which is NOT true of Brahm's German Requiem?
- The three main sections of sonata-allegro form are the exposition, development, and:
- The approximate dates of the Baroque period are:
- a 1600-1750.
- b Recapitulation.
- c The name of Christ is mentioned throughout.
- d An opera.
- e Verismo.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The piano.
- A four-note motive.
- Prince Esterhazy.
5 True/False questions
A theme may be fragmented by dividing it into smaller units called: → Motives.
How many players are generally necessary to perform a trio sonata? → Eight.
Tchaikovsky's fanciful ballet about a child's Christmas gift and dreams of exotic people and places is: → The name of Christ is mentioned throughout.
A short phrase repeated over and over in the bass is called: → The libretto.
In music compositions, a theme is: → Opera buffa.