5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- George Frederic Handel was considered master of:
- ----- is NOT an important composer of nineteenth-century Lieder.
- Opera that featured huge choruses, elaborate dance scenes, ornate costumes and scenery, and serious historical plots is called:
- Wagner's cycle of four music dramas is called:
- What is unusual about Beethoven's Symphony No. 5?
- a The oratorio.
- b There is no break between the third and fourth movements.
- c The Ring of the Nibelung.
- d Grand opera.
- e Heinrich Heine.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Music dramas.
- A program symphony.
- Baroque era.
5 True/False Questions
Beethoven's famous Moonlight Sonata has ------ movements. → Tragically.
Which best describes the lyrical melodies of the Classical period? → Conjunct, diatonic, and singable.
Which is NOT true of Brahm's German Requiem? → Mexico.
The group of early Baroque writers, artists, and musicians whose aim was to resurrect the musical drama of ancient Greece was known as: → The Florentine Camerata.
Which best describes the inspiration for Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique? → The actress Harriet Smithson.