5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Classical period in music ranged from approximately:
- What does NOT characterize Gregorian chant?
- Which of the following is a well-known set of concertos by Vivaldi?
- The most important keyboard instrument of the Romantic period was:
- Dido sings her famous lament in Purcell's opera Dido and Aeneas just prior to:
- a Triadic harmonies.
- b The piano.
- c The Four Seasons.
- d Killing herself.
- e 1750-1825.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Gilda, Rigoletto's daughter.
- The most gifted child prodigy in the history of music.
5 True/False questions
Using material from an earlier movement in a symphony is called: → The ripieno.
Begli occhi, by Barbara Strozzi, is written for: → Two sopranos and basso continuo.
Vivaldi's music students at the Conservatorio del'Ospedale della Pieta were: → Young women.
Who was John Phillip Sousa, i.e. what was he famous for? → Elaborate scenery.
A twentieth-century style that combined elements of Classical and Baroque music with modernist trends. → Minuet and trio form.