5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Which of the following is a set of forty eight preludes and fugues by Bach?
- The Baroque period witnessed a new style of music, which featured a single vocal melody with accompaniment. This was known as:
- Which best describes the inspiration for Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique?
- The approximate dates of the Baroque period are:
- Dido sings her famous lament in Purcell's opera Dido and Aeneas just prior to:
- a Monody.
- b The actress Harriet Smithson.
- c The Well-Tempered Clavier.
- d 1600-1750.
- e Killing herself.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Ring of the Nibelung.
- An aria.
5 True/False Questions
The system in which the aristocracy sponsored musicians is called: → The ripieno.
Which of the following is NOT a type of orchestral program music? → Concerto.
Which of the following genres does NOT usually follow the general structure of a multimovement cycle? → Overture.
Schumann's "In The Lovely Month of May" is from which song cycle? → The Ring of the Nibelung.
How many notes in a scale does an octave span? → Triadic harmonies.