5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many notes in a scale does an octave span?
- What 20th century Hungarian composer combined folk music elements with European classical style?
- The librettist for Wagner's music dramas was:
- What happens to Billy at the end of Billy the Kid?
- How many bars is in the standard blues song repeating pattern?
- a The composer himself.
- b Billy is tracked down and killed by his childhood friend Sheriff Pat Garrett.
- c Twelve.
- d Bela Bartok
- e Eight.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The ripieno.
- The piano.
- A half-step.
5 True/False questions
Is Billy the Kid an opera, ballet, or a cantata? → Eight.
Vivaldi's music students at the Conservatorio del'Ospedale della Pieta were: → Young women.
Beethoven's career is often divided into ----- periods. → Three.
Opera that featured huge choruses, elaborate dance scenes, ornate costumes and scenery, and serious historical plots is called: → Public concert hall.
Vivaldi was known as "the red priest" for: → Gilda, Rigoletto's daughter.