5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mozart is remembered today as:
- Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel's Under the Greenwood Tree is written for:
- The approximate dates of the Baroque period are:
- Beethoven's career is often divided into ----- periods.
- Which best describes the inspiration for Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique?
- a Unaccompanied four-voice choir.
- b The most gifted child prodigy in the history of music.
- c The actress Harriet Smithson.
- d Three.
- e 1600-1750.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Young women.
- A four-note motive.
- The concerto.
5 True/False Questions
Of the following, which does NOT describe orchestras of the nineteenth century? → The size of orchestras decreased, making for more compact ensembles.
Which of the following does NOT characterize the music for Act III, scene 1 of Die Walkure? → Concerto.
The favorite subjects for the Romantic poets were: → Lied.
The third movement of a Classical symphony is most frequently in: → A-B-A.
Which country started the Expressionist movement? → Germany.