5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- if you are carrying a suitcase,are you doing work on the suitcase? why or why not?
- what is a wedge?
- ^ ^ Doing work?
- if you are pushing against a wall, are you doing work? explain.
- a No. you are doing work on it when you pick it up, b/c when you pick it up, the direction of the movement of the object is the same as the direction of the force you are putting on it.
- b a double inclined plane that moves.
- c Yes
- d No. work is only done when the object moves. if the object doesnt move, no matter how much force you put on it, it isnt work.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- you are only doing work on the ball as long as you are directly putting a force on it, in other words, when you are touching it.
- simple machine that is made of a wheel with a groove in it and a rope. it is usually used to life heavy objects.
- a device that helps make work easier by changing the size or direction of a force.
- No, the same amount of work is done, whether you do it yourself, or use a machine.
5 True/False Questions
What are compound machines? → a device that helps make work easier by changing the size or direction of a force.
Whats a wheel and axle? → a simple machine that is made of a circular object connected to a rod.
what is mechanical efficiency? → is a measure of how much of a machines energy is wasted, overcoming friction. No machine is 100% efficient, becuase there are always surfaces rubbing together.
What is the formula to calculating work? → W= F x D, the unit Joule
what is a screw? → a double inclined plane that moves.