5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is an inclined plane?
- What are compound machines?
- ^ ^ Doing work?
- What is the fulcrum of a lever?
- what is a screw?
- a stays still, like the middle of a seesaw.
- b Yes
- c a machine made of two or more simple machines. example: scissors, can openers
- d a simple machine with a straight, slanted surface.
- e a inclined plane that is wrapped in a spiral, usually on a rod, but not always.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a device that helps make work easier by changing the size or direction of a force.
- a simple machine that is made of a circular object connected to a rod.
- No, the same amount of work is done, whether you do it yourself, or use a machine.
- Doorstop. it holds things together.
5 True/False Questions
if you are carrying a suitcase,are you doing work on the suitcase? why or why not? → No. work is only done when the object moves. if the object doesnt move, no matter how much force you put on it, it isnt work.
if you throw a ball, are you doing work? Explain. → No. work is only done when the object moves. if the object doesnt move, no matter how much force you put on it, it isnt work.
what is a machine's mechanical advantage? if i say a machine has a mechanical advantage of 20, what does that mean? → it means that the machine multiplies the force you put into it twenty times. so, if the machine multiplies the force by 20, you would only have to put in a small amount of force to do a large amount of work.
---> ----> Doing work? → Yes
What is a lever? list two other examples of a lever. → stays still, like the middle of a seesaw.