5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the scientific meaning of the word "work"?
- What is the formula for power?
- What two things do we need to know to calculate work?
- ^ ^ Doing work?
- And example of a wedge.
- a Yes
- b Work happens when a force causes an object to move in the same direction of that force.
- c Doorstop. it holds things together.
- d P=W / T, the unit Watts
- e we need to know the size of the force that was put on the object, and how far the object moved.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- turn a door knob (the wheel) the axle moves, to unfasten the door.
- a machine made of two or more simple machines. example: scissors, can openers
- is a measure of how much of a machines energy is wasted, overcoming friction. No machine is 100% efficient, becuase there are always surfaces rubbing together.
5 True/False Questions
what is a wedge? → a double inclined plane that moves.
if you are carrying a suitcase,are you doing work on the suitcase? why or why not? → No. you are doing work on it when you pick it up, b/c when you pick it up, the direction of the movement of the object is the same as the direction of the force you are putting on it.
An example of an inclined plane. → a simple machine with a straight, slanted surface.
what is a machine's mechanical advantage? if i say a machine has a mechanical advantage of 20, what does that mean? → is a measure of how much of a machines energy is wasted, overcoming friction. No machine is 100% efficient, becuase there are always surfaces rubbing together.
what is a machine? → a device that helps make work easier by changing the size or direction of a force.