5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- If machines do not reduce the amount of work being done, how do they help us?
- ^ ---> Doing work?
- ^ ^ Doing work?
- Whats a wheel and axle?
- What is the scientific meaning of the word "work"?
- a a simple machine that is made of a circular object connected to a rod.
- b Yes
- c Work happens when a force causes an object to move in the same direction of that force.
- d Machines can change the size of the input force necessry. Also, they can change the direction of the force, which is especially helpfulo when we are trying to life somthing.
- e No
5 Multiple choice questions
- No. you are doing work on it when you pick it up, b/c when you pick it up, the direction of the movement of the object is the same as the direction of the force you are putting on it.
- No, the same amount of work is done, whether you do it yourself, or use a machine.
- simple machine that is made of a wheel with a groove in it and a rope. it is usually used to life heavy objects.
- a simple machine that has a fulcrum, or pivot point.
5 True/False questions
What are compound machines? → a machine made of two or more simple machines. example: scissors, can openers
what is a wedge? → simple machine that is made of a wheel with a groove in it and a rope. it is usually used to life heavy objects.
What is an inclined plane? → a simple machine with a straight, slanted surface.
What is the formula for power? → P=W / T, the unit Watts
what is a machine? → a double inclined plane that moves.