5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is an inclined plane?
- what is a machine's mechanical advantage? if i say a machine has a mechanical advantage of 20, what does that mean?
- What is the fulcrum of a lever?
- ---> ----> Doing work?
- What is "power", scientifically speaking?
- a a simple machine with a straight, slanted surface.
- b Yes
- c it means that the machine multiplies the force you put into it twenty times. so, if the machine multiplies the force by 20, you would only have to put in a small amount of force to do a large amount of work.
- d the rate at which work is done.
- e stays still, like the middle of a seesaw.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- P=W / T, the unit Watts
- a double inclined plane that moves.
- a machine made of two or more simple machines. example: scissors, can openers
- we need to know the size of the force that was put on the object, and how far the object moved.
- a inclined plane that is wrapped in a spiral, usually on a rod, but not always.
5 True/False Questions
What is the formula to calculating work? → P=W / T, the unit Watts
Whats a wheel and axle? → turn a door knob (the wheel) the axle moves, to unfasten the door.
^ ---> Doing work? → No
What is a lever? list two other examples of a lever. → stays still, like the middle of a seesaw.
If machines do not reduce the amount of work being done, how do they help us? → No, the same amount of work is done, whether you do it yourself, or use a machine.