5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- if you throw a ball, are you doing work? Explain.
- what is a machine?
- What is the formula for power?
- What is the scientific meaning of the word "work"?
- What is a lever? list two other examples of a lever.
- a Work happens when a force causes an object to move in the same direction of that force.
- b a simple machine that has a fulcrum, or pivot point.
- c you are only doing work on the ball as long as you are directly putting a force on it, in other words, when you are touching it.
- d P=W / T, the unit Watts
- e a device that helps make work easier by changing the size or direction of a force.
5 Multiple choice questions
- No, the same amount of work is done, whether you do it yourself, or use a machine.
- a machine made of two or more simple machines. example: scissors, can openers
5 True/False questions
An example of an inclined plane. → pushing a piece of heavy furniture up a ramp requires less input force, from you, than just lifting it up.
what is a screw? → a double inclined plane that moves.
What is an inclined plane? → a device that helps make work easier by changing the size or direction of a force.
What is the formula to calculating work? → W= F x D, the unit Joule
Whats a wheel and axle? → turn a door knob (the wheel) the axle moves, to unfasten the door.