5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the imaginary line that passes through the p;oles of the earth?
- the longest day of the year is the...
- Jennie moved from Florida to Maine. She bought a whole new wardrobe. Why? Is this the same type of adaptation as animals?
- The time it takes the earth to make one revolution around the sun?
- What is a season?
- a axis
- b summer solstice - June 21
- c One of the four periods of the year.
- d climate in Maine is colder and dressed warmer. BEHAVIORAL adaptation.
- e 365 days and 6 hours (or 365 1/4 days)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- phases - and changes 3 times for every season
- the tilt of the Earth's axis
- the polar bear's lighter coat made it easier to survive and sneak up on prey. (adaptation - lighter colored fur)
- the animals with longer necks survived to pass this trait to their offspring. (adaptation - the neck)
5 True/False Questions
The time it takes for earth to complete one full rotation (spin) → 24 hours
the days when the sun reaches its farthest northern and southern latutides are... → equinoxes
The one day when the top of the axis (north pole) is pointed directly towards the sun → June 21 - summer solstice
As the earth moves around the sun, its axis...... → stays pointing in the same direction
During an equinox... → the earth's axis is pointing neither towards nor away from the sun; all locations on earth receive exactly 12 hours daylight and 12 hours night