5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Independent assortment
- If an offspring is homozygous recessive, what do you know about the parents?
- How many sets of genes are found in most adult organisms?
- Anaphase I
- a having two identical alleles for a trait
- b The diploid cells of most adult organisms contain two complete sets of inherited chromosomes and so two complete sets of genes.
- c The fibers pull the homologous chromosomes toward opposite ends of the cell
- d One of Mendel's principles that states that genes for different traits can segregate independently during the formation of gametes
- e The offspring recieved one recessive allele from each parent.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Chromosome pairs of the same length, centromere positions, and staining patterns for the same characteristics.
- There is only one allele for a particular trait.
- The phenotypes for both alleles are equally expressed in the offspring.
- term used to refer to a cell that contains two sets of homologous chromosomes
- Pure bred means that the plants self-pollinate and produce offspring identical to themselves.
5 True/False Questions
Genotype → the genetic makeup of an organism
Telophase I and Cytokinesis → Nuclear membranes form. The cell separates into two cells.
Genes → sex cells
What symbol is used to represent a diploid? → 2N; N represents the single set of chromosomes found in a gamete.
Heterozygous → term used to refer to chromosomes in which one set comes from the male parent and one set comes from the female parent