5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Abraham Lincoln's purpose for the Civil War
- Struggles of Immigrants
- Collective Bargaining
- Populism/Populist Movement
- 15th Amendment
- a Gave African American men the right to vote, this made women upset because they can't vote
- b The political doctrine that supports the rights and powers of the common people in their struggle with the privileged elite.
A short-lived political party in the United States established in 1887. Based among poor white cotton farmers in the South, and hard-pressed wheat farmers in the Plains states, it represented a radical crusading form of agrarianism and hostility to banks.
- c Many nativists discriminated against immigants. They had to live in poor crowded tenements,work long hours at factories and couldn't afford to send let their children finish school.
- d negotiation between an employer and trade union
- e Abraham Lincoln accepted War as the only means to save the Union, it later became about slavery as well.
5 Multiple choice questions
*Jim Crow laws
*Bad agriculture industry
- It can adapt and be flexible as necessary, adding and cutting out parts that don't apply.
- the social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban
- They had clashing cultures. Natives believed no one owned land while Settlers believed that everything could be bought and sold. They also believed they were the superior race and were scared of Natives. Settlers "Americanized" Natives and the Native American culture diminished because of it.
- a 3-minute address by Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil War (November 19, 1963) at the dedication of a national cemetery on the site of the Battle of Gettysburg
5 True/False questions
Boss Tweed and Tamany Hall → ..., Leader of the Democratic Tammany Hall, New York political machine, was the Democratic Party political machine that played a major role in controlling New York City politics from the 1790s to the 1960s. It usually controlled Democratic Party nominations and patronage; immigrant support
Grandfather Clause → Supreme Court case which ruled that slaves are not citizens but are property, affirmed that property cannot be interfered with by Congress, slaves do not become free if they travel to free territories or states, fueled abolitionist movement, hailed as victory for the south
14th Amendment → Guaranteed the rights of citizenship to ALL citizens
Emancipation Proclaimation → Issued by Abraham Lincoln on September 22, 1862, it declared that all slaves in the rebellious Confederate states would be free.
Plessy v. Ferguson → *Author of the Declaration of Independence
*strict interpretation of Constitution
*weaker national government
*supported by "the people"
*strong state rights