5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Gentlemen's Agreement
- Interstate Commerce Act
- The Declaration of Independence
- Causes and effects of the clashes between Native Americans and White Settlers
- Booker T. Washington
- a Prominent black American, born into slavery, who believed that racism would end once blacks acquired useful labor skills and proved their economic value to society, was head of the Tuskegee Institute in 1881. His book "Up from Slavery."
- b Population Growth led to a HIGH demand for goods which needed to be produced faster and faster. People used to spin wool and weave cloth at home, that wasn't fast enough to keep up with the demand of groups of people; led to mills and factories.
- c *Written by Thomas Jefferson and signed in 1776
*Originally included a clause allowing the freeing of slaves, but it was cut out
*A call for all humankind to throw off tyranny and form a government of the people
*Lays the foundation for our herritage of individual liberty and natural rights
*A list of complaints about King George's treatment of the colinsts,
- d Passed in 1887, this act reestablished the federal government's right to supervise railroad activities.
- e They had clashing cultures. Natives believed no one owned land while Settlers believed that everything could be bought and sold. They also believed they were the superior race and were scared of Natives. Settlers "Americanized" Natives and the Native American culture diminished because of it.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- * Asia (Native Americans)
* came to hunt herds
* created complex societies
* couldn't resist colonization
* drastic population decline
* Europe (British, Spanish, and others)
* British came for a new start
* seeking freedom, wealth, and land
* Spanish, Portugese, and French weren't trying to escape, unlike British persecution
* forced to migrate as labor
* lost all connection to Africa
* part of the African Diaspoa
- negotiation between an employer and trade union
- ..., Leader of the Democratic Tammany Hall, New York political machine, was the Democratic Party political machine that played a major role in controlling New York City politics from the 1790s to the 1960s. It usually controlled Democratic Party nominations and patronage; immigrant support
- It gave 160 acres of land to citizens. This encouraged Americans to move west and farm land. However, not many were successful because of poor weather conditions and competition.
- It can adapt and be flexible as necessary, adding and cutting out parts that don't apply.
5 True/False Questions
Economic Boom of the 1800s → Cheap products shipped to other countries from the US made their economies fail.
15th Amendment → Gave African American men the right to vote, this made women upset because they can't vote
Push and Pull Factors → PUSH:
*Jim Crow laws
*Bad agriculture industry
Lassiez Faire → (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support
Americanization → the social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban