5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Causes and effects of the Revolutionary War
- Three regions where America emerged
- Causes and effects of the clashes between Native Americans and White Settlers
- Causes of Industrial Revolution
- a Many efficient inventions were made and products became easier to produce. People moved from the country to the city and technology spread to more homes.
- b * Asia (Native Americans)
* came to hunt herds
* created complex societies
* couldn't resist colonization
* drastic population decline
* Europe (British, Spanish, and others)
* British came for a new start
* seeking freedom, wealth, and land
* Spanish, Portugese, and French weren't trying to escape, unlike British persecution
* forced to migrate as labor
* lost all connection to Africa
* part of the African Diaspoa
- c King George unfairly taxed citizens and took advantage of their distance. He believed that he should make decisions for the colonists even though he didn't know what was best for them.
After America gained independence, Thomas Jefferson, along with others, wrote the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
- d They had clashing cultures. Natives believed no one owned land while Settlers believed that everything could be bought and sold. They also believed they were the superior race and were scared of Natives. Settlers "Americanized" Natives and the Native American culture diminished because of it.
- e Process of assimilating immigrants into American culture by teaching English, American history, and citizenship
5 Multiple choice questions
- Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the East Coast
- A clause in registration laws allowing people who do not meet registration requirements to vote if they or their ancestors had voted before 1867.
- It can adapt and be flexible as necessary, adding and cutting out parts that don't apply.
- Cheap products shipped to other countries from the US made their economies fail.
- It gave 160 acres of land to citizens. This encouraged Americans to move west and farm land. However, not many were successful because of poor weather conditions and competition.
5 True/False questions
Gettysburg Address → individualism: the doctrine that government should not interfere in commercial affairs
Boss Tweed and Tamany Hall → ..., Leader of the Democratic Tammany Hall, New York political machine, was the Democratic Party political machine that played a major role in controlling New York City politics from the 1790s to the 1960s. It usually controlled Democratic Party nominations and patronage; immigrant support
15th Amendment → Guaranteed the rights of citizenship to ALL citizens
NAACP → (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support
Booker T. Washington → Process of assimilating immigrants into American culture by teaching English, American history, and citizenship