5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Angel Island
- Booker T. Washington
- Chinese Exclusion Act
- Three regions where America emerged
- a Prominent black American, born into slavery, who believed that racism would end once blacks acquired useful labor skills and proved their economic value to society, was head of the Tuskegee Institute in 1881. His book "Up from Slavery."
- b Process of assimilating immigrants into American culture by teaching English, American history, and citizenship
- c Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the West Coast
- d (1882) Denied any additional Chinese laborers to enter the country while allowing students and merchants to immigrate.
- e * Asia (Native Americans)
* came to hunt herds
* created complex societies
* couldn't resist colonization
* drastic population decline
* Europe (British, Spanish, and others)
* British came for a new start
* seeking freedom, wealth, and land
* Spanish, Portugese, and French weren't trying to escape, unlike British persecution
* forced to migrate as labor
* lost all connection to Africa
* part of the African Diaspoa
5 Multiple choice questions
- *Author of the Declaration of Independence
*strict interpretation of Constitution
*weaker national government
*supported by "the people"
*strong state rights
- individualism: the doctrine that government should not interfere in commercial affairs
- Many efficient inventions were made and products became easier to produce. People moved from the country to the city and technology spread to more homes.
- Abraham Lincoln accepted War as the only means to save the Union, it later became about slavery as well.
- Passed in 1887, this act reestablished the federal government's right to supervise railroad activities.
5 True/False questions
Gettysburg Address → a 3-minute address by Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil War (November 19, 1963) at the dedication of a national cemetery on the site of the Battle of Gettysburg
Causes and effects of the Revolutionary War → King George unfairly taxed citizens and took advantage of their distance. He believed that he should make decisions for the colonists even though he didn't know what was best for them.
After America gained independence, Thomas Jefferson, along with others, wrote the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
Emancipation Proclaimation → Process of assimilating immigrants into American culture by teaching English, American history, and citizenship
Economic Boom of the 1800s → A clause in registration laws allowing people who do not meet registration requirements to vote if they or their ancestors had voted before 1867.
14th Amendment → Guaranteed the rights of citizenship to ALL citizens