5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Three regions where America emerged
- Causes of Industrial Revolution
- 15th Amendment
- International Workers of the World
- Thomas Jefferson
- a Many efficient inventions were made and products became easier to produce. People moved from the country to the city and technology spread to more homes.
- b * Asia (Native Americans)
* came to hunt herds
* created complex societies
* couldn't resist colonization
* drastic population decline
* Europe (British, Spanish, and others)
* British came for a new start
* seeking freedom, wealth, and land
* Spanish, Portugese, and French weren't trying to escape, unlike British persecution
* forced to migrate as labor
* lost all connection to Africa
* part of the African Diaspoa
- c 1905 - Also known as IWW or Wobblies - created in opposition to American Federation of Labor
- d Gave African American men the right to vote, this made women upset because they can't vote
- e *Author of the Declaration of Independence
*strict interpretation of Constitution
*weaker national government
*supported by "the people"
*strong state rights
5 Multiple choice questions
- It gave 160 acres of land to citizens. This encouraged Americans to move west and farm land. However, not many were successful because of poor weather conditions and competition.
- a 3-minute address by Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil War (November 19, 1963) at the dedication of a national cemetery on the site of the Battle of Gettysburg
- (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support
- (1882) Denied any additional Chinese laborers to enter the country while allowing students and merchants to immigrate.
- Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the West Coast
5 True/False questions
Ellis Island → Inspection station for immigrants arriving on the West Coast
Urbanization → the social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban
Why the Constitution is considered a "Living Constitution" → It can adapt and be flexible as necessary, adding and cutting out parts that don't apply.
Grandfather Clause → Supreme Court case which ruled that slaves are not citizens but are property, affirmed that property cannot be interfered with by Congress, slaves do not become free if they travel to free territories or states, fueled abolitionist movement, hailed as victory for the south
Push and Pull Factors → PUSH:
*Jim Crow laws
*Bad agriculture industry