5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- bogs, swamps, and marshes
- physical adaptations
- a Most trees in temperate forests lose their leaves in __________.
- b differences in the bodies of plants and animals.
- c Energy stored in the large roots of the _____________ helps them grow back quickly after a fire.
- d land covered by a shallow layer of water
- e 3 examples of wetlands
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Instincts, or behaviors that animals do without being taught
- The water in lakes and ponds is mostly __________
- Only certain kinds of living things can live in certain ___________
- where light reaches the upper part of the ocean
- moving to different locations at certain times of the year, (an example of an instinct)
5 True/False Questions
live in different places; → Tadpoles and frogs do not compete because they _______________ (an example of an adaptation)
fresh water → Lakes and ponds are _______________ habitats where many plants grow near the shore.
deep-water zone → no plants grow in the________________
hibernation → a long period when an animal's body processes slow down (an example of an instinct)
survive → The faster the water flows, the harder it is for living things to ____________.