5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Define the term "Range"
- Name 4 cities in ther "third tier"
- What are "Retail Services"?
- Define "primate city"
- What is a "Market Area of a Service"?
- a the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
- b The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
- c -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto
- d They provide goods for sale to consumers
- e the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The best location is the one that minimizes the distance to the service for the largest number of people
- Its range and its threshold
- The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
- A permanent collection of buildings where people reside, work and obtain services
- -car, bike, truck -broadcasting
5 True/False Questions
What is a "Market-Area Analysis" and why is it important? → The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
Why do countries build "Skyscrapers" → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
What is a "Central Place"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers
Name 3 reasons factories have moved to the suburbs → -Land costs are lower
-More service providers
-Most customers are there
What is the "Rank-Size Rule"? → In whihc the country's nth-largest settlement is 1/2 the population of the largest settlement. Serveral MDCs in Europe