5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name 4 cities in ther "third tier"
- Define the term "Range"
- Give 2 examples of "Transportation Services"
- What are "Dependent Center"?
- Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe
- a -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto
- b They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
- c Less dominated by commercial considerations
making new buildings are difficult
- d the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
- e -car, bike, truck -broadcasting
5 Multiple choice questions
- Basic industries-is a settlements distinctive economic structure derives which export primarily to consumers outside of the settlement
Non-basic industires are enterprises whose customers live in the same community, essentially consumer services
- -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center
- The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
- Small settlements are limited to consumer services that have small thresholds, short ranges and small market areas. A business cannot manage in a place where it cannot be supported.
- The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
5 True/False questions
Define "Specialized Prodcer-Service Centers" → The third level of cities, offer more narrow and highly specialized variety of services
Define "primate city" → the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
What 2 factors are needed to determine the extent of a market area? → The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
What is the "Rank-Size Rule"? → Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area
What is meant by "Optimal Location" within a market? → the minimum number of people needed to support a business