5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements"
- Name 3 types of services one might find in the CBD of a city or settlement
- Name 4 cities in ther "third tier"
- Give 2 examples of "Public Services"
- Define "World City" and give 3 examples.
- a Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
- b -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto
- c -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center
- d -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
- e -keeping money in a bank -staying at a hotel
5 Multiple choice questions
- the minimum number of people needed to support a business
- -car, bike, truck -broadcasting
- In whihc the country's nth-largest settlement is 1/2 the population of the largest settlement. Serveral MDCs in Europe
- -1750 through 1850 in Great Britain
-To improve agricultural production, a number of European countries converted their rurals landscapes from clustered settlements to dispersed patterns
- Retailer and other services provides make use of market-area studies to determine if locating in the market would be profitable and where the best location would be
5 True/False questions
Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe → Less dominated by commercial considerations
making new buildings are difficult
Describe a "Circular Rural Settlement" and a "Linear Rural Settlement" → The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
Define a "Settlement" → A permanent collection of buildings where people reside, work and obtain services
What is meant by "Optimal Location" within a market? → The best location is the one that minimizes the distance to the service for the largest number of people
What is the purpose of "Consumer Services"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers