5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Give 2 examples of "Public Services"
- What is the difference between "Basic Industries" and "Non-basic Industries"?
- What is the "Threshold" of a service
- Name 4 cities in the "second tier"
- What is a "Central Place"?
- a Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area
- b Basic industries-is a settlements distinctive economic structure derives which export primarily to consumers outside of the settlement
Non-basic industires are enterprises whose customers live in the same community, essentially consumer services
- c -keeping money in a bank -staying at a hotel
- d -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
- e the minimum number of people needed to support a business
5 Multiple choice questions
- They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
- The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
- -1750 through 1850 in Great Britain
-To improve agricultural production, a number of European countries converted their rurals landscapes from clustered settlements to dispersed patterns
- -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center
- -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
5 True/False questions
Define "World City" and give 3 examples. → Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
Give 2 examples of "Transportation Services" → -keeping money in a bank -staying at a hotel
Define the term "Range" → the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
Define "Specialized Prodcer-Service Centers" → the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
What is the purpose of "Consumer Services"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers