5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe
- What the "Command and Control Centers"?
- Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements"
- Name 4 cities in the "second tier"
- What 2 factors are needed to determine the extent of a market area?
- a The second level of cities, contains the head quarters of many large corporations, well-developed banking facilities, and concentrations of other business services
- b -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
- c Its range and its threshold
- d -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
- e Less dominated by commercial considerations
making new buildings are difficult
5 Multiple choice questions
- The typical modern industry requires a large percent of land for operation
Transformed their waterfronts from industry to commercial and recreational activities
- They provide goods for sale to consumers
- -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
- the minimum number of people needed to support a business
- The best location is the one that minimizes the distance to the service for the largest number of people
5 True/False questions
Name 4 cities in ther "third tier" → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
What are "Dependent Center"? → They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
Define a "Service" → A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
Why do countries build "Skyscrapers" → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
What is the "Rank-Size Rule"? → Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area