5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Name 4 cities in the "second tier"
- What was the "Enclosure Movement" and what were the effects of it?
- Name 4 services that have a "High Threshold"
- Name 3 reasns why businesses have moved to the suburbs since WWII
- What is the purpose of "Consumer Services"?
- a -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
- b -Less transportation
-Able to improve
-Cheaper to maintain
- c The purpose is to provide services to indivisual consumers who desire them and can afford to pay them
- d -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
- e -1750 through 1850 in Great Britain
-To improve agricultural production, a number of European countries converted their rurals landscapes from clustered settlements to dispersed patterns
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The second level of cities, contains the head quarters of many large corporations, well-developed banking facilities, and concentrations of other business services
- -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
- The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
- Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area
- -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center
5 True/False Questions
Define a "Settlement" → A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
Why do countries build "Skyscrapers" → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
What are "Retail Services"? → Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area
Give 2 examples of "Public Services" → -car, bike, truck -broadcasting
Define the term "Range" → the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service