5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe
- Define "World City" and give 3 examples.
- What is the difference between "Basic Industries" and "Non-basic Industries"?
- What is a "Market Area of a Service"?
- What is meant by "Optimal Location" within a market?
- a The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
- b Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
- c Less dominated by commercial considerations
making new buildings are difficult
- d Basic industries-is a settlements distinctive economic structure derives which export primarily to consumers outside of the settlement
Non-basic industires are enterprises whose customers live in the same community, essentially consumer services
- e The best location is the one that minimizes the distance to the service for the largest number of people
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
- The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
- A permanent collection of buildings where people reside, work and obtain services
- -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
- In whihc the country's nth-largest settlement is 1/2 the population of the largest settlement. Serveral MDCs in Europe
5 True/False Questions
What are "Retail Services"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers
Name 4 services that have a "High Threshold" → -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
What is meant by the "Hierarchy of Services"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers
Give 3 reasons why manufacturing has declined in the CBD → The typical modern industry requires a large percent of land for operation
Transformed their waterfronts from industry to commercial and recreational activities
Name 3 types of services one might find in the CBD of a city or settlement → -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center