5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Name 2 ways CBDs are different in Europe
- Define a "Service"
- Define "World City" and give 3 examples.
- What is the "Rank-Size Rule"?
- Name 4 services that have a "High Threshold"
- a Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
- b A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
- c -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
- d Less dominated by commercial considerations
making new buildings are difficult
- e In whihc the country's nth-largest settlement is 1/2 the population of the largest settlement. Serveral MDCs in Europe
5 Multiple choice questions
- The demand for space in the central city
- The circular form consists of a central open space surrounded by structures
Linear rural settlements feature buildings clustered along a road, river or dike to facilitate communications
- Retailer and other services provides make use of market-area studies to determine if locating in the market would be profitable and where the best location would be
- the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
- They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
5 True/False questions
Name 4 services typically found in "clustered Rural Settlements" → -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
Give 2 examples of "Public Services" → -keeping money in a bank -staying at a hotel
What is the purpose of "Consumer Services"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers
Name 3 reasons factories have moved to the suburbs → -Land costs are lower
-More service providers
-Most customers are there
What is the difference between "Basic Industries" and "Non-basic Industries"? → Basic industries-is a settlements distinctive economic structure derives which export primarily to consumers outside of the settlement
Non-basic industires are enterprises whose customers live in the same community, essentially consumer services