5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are "Retail Services"?
- Name 4 services that have a "High Threshold"
- What is the "Rank-Size Rule"?
- Define "primate city"
- Give 2 examples of "Transportation Services"
- a the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
- b -car, bike, truck -broadcasting
- c They provide goods for sale to consumers
- d -expenisve shops -movie theaters -restaurants -theme parks
- e In whihc the country's nth-largest settlement is 1/2 the population of the largest settlement. Serveral MDCs in Europe
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
- The third level of cities, offer more narrow and highly specialized variety of services
- -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
- They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
- The typical modern industry requires a large percent of land for operation
Transformed their waterfronts from industry to commercial and recreational activities
5 True/False Questions
Name 3 types of services one might find in the CBD of a city or settlement → -religious structures -schools -shops -homes
What is a "Central Place"? → Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area
What is the purpose of "Consumer Services"? → The purpose is to provide services to indivisual consumers who desire them and can afford to pay them
What is meant by the "Hierarchy of Services"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers
Name 3 reasons factories have moved to the suburbs → -Less transportation
-Able to improve
-Cheaper to maintain