5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Define "World City" and give 3 examples.
- What is meant by the "Hierarchy of Services"?
- What the "Command and Control Centers"?
- What is the purpose of "Consumer Services"?
- What is the difference between "Basic Industries" and "Non-basic Industries"?
- a The second level of cities, contains the head quarters of many large corporations, well-developed banking facilities, and concentrations of other business services
- b The purpose is to provide services to indivisual consumers who desire them and can afford to pay them
- c Small settlements are limited to consumer services that have small thresholds, short ranges and small market areas. A business cannot manage in a place where it cannot be supported.
- d Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
- e Basic industries-is a settlements distinctive economic structure derives which export primarily to consumers outside of the settlement
Non-basic industires are enterprises whose customers live in the same community, essentially consumer services
5 Multiple choice questions
- -Less transportation
-Able to improve
-Cheaper to maintain
- A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
- Less dominated by commercial considerations
making new buildings are difficult
- They provide relatively unskilled jobs and depend on their economic on the world's decisions
- Is a market center for the exchange of goods and services by the people in the area
5 True/False questions
Define a "Settlement" → A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
Why do countries build "Skyscrapers" → -Chicago -Los Angeles -Washington -Brussels
What is the "Threshold" of a service → The area surronding a service from which customers are attracted
Define "Specialized Prodcer-Service Centers" → the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
Name 4 cities in the "second tier" → -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto