5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Name 3 reasons factories have moved to the suburbs
- Define a "Service"
- What 2 factors are needed to determine the extent of a market area?
- Define "primate city"
- Define "Specialized Prodcer-Service Centers"
- a the largest settlement in serveral MDCs; the largest settlement has more than twice as many people as the second ranking settlement
- b -Land costs are lower
-More service providers
-Most customers are there
- c The third level of cities, offer more narrow and highly specialized variety of services
- d Its range and its threshold
- e A service is any activity that funfills a human want or need and returns money to those who provide it
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- -Less transportation
-Able to improve
-Cheaper to maintain
- -keeping money in a bank -staying at a hotel
- The typical modern industry requires a large percent of land for operation
Transformed their waterfronts from industry to commercial and recreational activities
- the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service
- -Shops with....high threshold, long range, that serve people who work in the center
5 True/False Questions
What is the purpose of "Consumer Services"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers
Name 4 cities in the "second tier" → -Houston -Miami -San Franciso -Tornoto
Define "World City" and give 3 examples. → Wrold citites are most closely integrated into the global economic system because they are the center of the flow of information and capitol
-London -New York -Tokoyo
What is meant by the "Hierarchy of Services"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers
What is a "Market Area of a Service"? → They provide goods for sale to consumers