5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nicolaus Copernicus
- a Polish Astronomer; Proposed the heliocentric theory that put the sun in the center of the earth with the planets traveling around the sun.
- b Muslims from Spain
- c The love of one's country; the passion that inspires a person to serve his or her country. American term for Nationalism.
- d the Muslim religion founded on the teachings of Muhammed
- e Document purchased for forgiveness of one's sins provided by the medieval Church, and one of the causes of the Reformation.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the journey of Odysseus after the fall of Troy
- The capital of the eastern Roman Empire and later of the Byzantine Empire
- Province populated by Jews at the time of the Roman empire, province where Jesus was born and died
- Spanish conquistador who defeated the Aztecs and conquered Mexico (1485-1547)
- large estates owned by the wealthy Romans
5 True/False Questions
Bastille → fabrics that are woven or knitted; material for clothing
Franks → a series of military expeditions in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries by Westrn European Christians to reclain control of the Holy Lands from the Muslims
Oliver Cromwell → Conflict between Britain and China, lasting from 1839 to 1842, over Britain's opium trade and control of trade in China.
William the Conqueror → Conquered England in 1066
Abu Bakr → first caliph after death of muhammad