5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Queen Isabella of Spain
- Marie Antoinette
- Natural Rights
- a The monarch who unified Spain and sponsored the sea exploration voyages including those of Columbus
- b the idea that all humans are born with rights, which include the right to life, liberty, and property
- c Queen of France, wife of King Louis XVI; she was queen during the French Revolution and disliked by many French citizens. She was found guilty of treason and guillotined.
- d earliest Greek civilization that had developed on the island of Crete by 2000 B.C.
- e A group of Islamic religion that believes that its religious leader should be elected based on merit.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Polish Astronomer; Proposed the heliocentric theory that put the sun in the center of the earth with the planets traveling around the sun.
- King of Belgium (r. 1865-1909). He was active in encouraging the exploration of Central Africa and became the infamous ruler of the Congo Free State (to 1908).
- Frankish King who defeated muslims in battle of tours in 751 and ended muslim threat to western europe
- Pope who called for the First Crusade
- Spanish conquistador who defeated the Aztecs and conquered Mexico (1485-1547)
5 True/False questions
Open Door Policy → A policy proposed by the US in 1899, under which ALL nations would have equal opportunities to trade in China.
Roman Senate → Monk who was commissioned by Pope Leo X to raise money for the Church and was sent throughout northern Germany to sell indulgences.
Augustus → Two officials from the patrician class were appointed each year of the Roman Republic to supervise the government and command the armies
Quran → Arabic word for God
Punic Wars → A series of three wars between Rome and Carthage (264-146 B.C.); resulted in the destruction of Carthage and Rome's dominance over the western Mediterranean.