5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Johannes Gutenberg
- King Henry VIII
- a King of England from 1509 to 1547 and founder of the Church of England; he broke with the Catholic Church because the pope would not grant him a divorce.
- b invented the printing press
- c Muslims from Spain
- d Frankish king who conquered most of Europe and was crowned Holy Roman Emperor by Pope Leo III in the year 800
- e Italian astronomer and who was the first to use a telescope to study the stars; confirmed the theories of Copernicus; demonstrated that different weights descend at the same rate;
5 Multiple choice questions
- production of goods in a factory through the use of machines and a large number of workers
- British entrepreneur and politician involved in the expansion of the British Empire from South Africa into Central Africa. The colonies of Southern Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) and Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia) were named after him.
- Sacred rituals of the Roman Catholic Church
- the act of banishing a member of the Church from the communion of believers and the privileges of the Church
- Type of colony created by transporting large numbers of people to live in an area.
5 True/False questions
Kaaba → Islam's holiest shrine, located in Mecca
Maximilian Robespierre → English poet and dramatist considered one of the greatest English writers (1564-1616)
Alfred the Great → Portuguese explorer. In 1497-1498 he led the first naval expedition from Europe to sail to India.
Astrolabe → a series of military expeditions in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries by Westrn European Christians to reclain control of the Holy Lands from the Muslims
Henry Bessemer → Developed a new method for making steel that allowed manufacturers to make steel much cheaper than ever before.