5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William the Conqueror
- a Conquered England in 1066
- b ancient Greek epic poet who is believed to have written the Iliad and the Odyssey (circa 850 BC)
- c Muslims from Spain
- d Branch of Islam formed in the AD 600s that believed only imams should decide religious and worldly matters
- e group of Germanic people who rose to prominence under the leadership of King Clovis
5 Multiple choice questions
- Area in which a foreign nation had special trading privileges and made laws for its own citizens
- The love of one's country; the passion that inspires a person to serve his or her country. American term for Nationalism.
- A policy proposed by the US in 1899, under which ALL nations would have equal opportunities to trade in China.
- Valuable resources for British industrialization
- Roman military and political leader. He was instrumental in the transformation of the Roman Republic into the Roman Empire. Dictator for life.
5 True/False questions
Iliad → a Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy
Maximilian Robespierre → English poet and dramatist considered one of the greatest English writers (1564-1616)
The Black Hand → English philosopher who advocated the idea of a "social contract" in which government powers are derived from the consent of the governed and in which the government serves the people; also said people have natural rights to life, liberty and property.
Five Pillars of Faith → the essential duties of Muslims must fulfill; faith, prayer, alms, fasting and pilgrimage
Francisco Pizarro → Spanish Conquistador who conquered the Incas