5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Domestic System
- Boer War
- a A group of Islamic religion that believes that its religious leader should be elected based on merit.
- b Emperor, thought to have been responsible for the burning of Rome 64AD
- c a large hill in ancient Greece where city residents sought shelter and safety in times of war and met to discuss community affairs
- d A conflict, lasting from 1899 to 1902, in which the Boers (original Dutch settlers of South Africa) and the British fought for control of territory in South Africa.
- e early industrial labor system in which workers produced goods at home
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- This was the "revolution" that replaced James II with William and Mary that also recognized the supremacy of the Parliament with minimum bloodshed
- Valuable resources for British industrialization
- large estates owned by the wealthy Romans
- discovered gravity, laws of motion, calculus
- The canal that joined the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean.
5 True/False Questions
Henry Bessemer → Developed a new method for making steel that allowed manufacturers to make steel much cheaper than ever before.
Sphere of Influence → Document purchased for forgiveness of one's sins provided by the medieval Church, and one of the causes of the Reformation.
Abu Bakr → A conflict, lasting from 1899 to 1902, in which the Boers (original Dutch settlers of South Africa) and the British fought for control of territory in South Africa.
Imperialism → A policy in which a strong nation seeks to dominate other countries politically, socially, and economically.
Mecca → the holiest city of Islam; Muhammad's birthplace