5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- League of Nations
- The Black Hand
- Abu Bakr
- a A Serbian terrorist organization dedicated to the creation of a pan-Slavic kingdom. Responsible for the assassination of Archduke Francis Ferdinand.
- b goods or money obtained illegally
- c first caliph after death of muhammad
- d An organization of nations formed after World War I to promote cooperation and peace.
- e Trained fighters, usually slaves, who fought in Roman arenas as entertainment.
5 Multiple choice questions
- land granted by a lord to a vassal in exchange for loyalty and military service
- Italian Renaissance artist that painted The Last Supper and Mona Lisa, he was also an engineer, architect, sculptor, and scientist.
- Branch of Islam formed in the AD 600s that believed only imams should decide religious and worldly matters
- Developed a new method for making steel that allowed manufacturers to make steel much cheaper than ever before.
- belief in a single God
5 True/False questions
Hernando Cortes → Spanish conquistador who defeated the Aztecs and conquered Mexico (1485-1547)
Julius Caesar → first caliph after death of muhammad
Panama Canal → A series of three wars between Rome and Carthage (264-146 B.C.); resulted in the destruction of Carthage and Rome's dominance over the western Mediterranean.
Mechanization → Trained fighters, usually slaves, who fought in Roman arenas as entertainment.
Astrolabe → the Muslim religion founded on the teachings of Muhammed