5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a not easily carried, handled, or managed because of size or complexity.
- b funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- c to mock, treat with contempt.
- d a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- e a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
- to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
- to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
- self-government, political control.
- self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
5 True/False Questions
fractious → lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.
equitable → to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
blazon → to mock, treat with contempt.
soporific → tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.
extricate → fair, just, embodying principles of justice.