5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
- b self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
- c funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- d to mock, treat with contempt.
- e benificial, helpful; healthful, wholesome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
- a rule of conduct or action
- tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.
- fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
- extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
5 True/False questions
scathing → to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
transient → lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.
fractious → tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.
amnesty → a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
unwieldy → a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.