5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
- b tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.
- c lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.
- d bitterly severe, withering; causing great harm.
- e to mock, treat with contempt.
5 Multiple choice questions
- funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
- fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
- extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
- to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
5 True/False questions
fractious → lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.
autonomy → self-government, political control.
caveat → a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
extricate → to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
amnesty → a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.