5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
- b not easily carried, handled, or managed because of size or complexity.
- c self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
- d tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.
- e a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to mock, treat with contempt.
- to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
- a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
- dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
5 True/False questions
sepulchral → to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
scourge → to mock, treat with contempt.
autonomy → self-government, political control.
precept → a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
fractious → tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.