5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a self-government, political control.
- b extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
- c benificial, helpful; healthful, wholesome.
- d a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- e funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
- a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.
- dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
- to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
5 True/False questions
axiomatic → self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
fractious → tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.
blazon → dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
unwieldy → to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
soporific → self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.