5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.
- b extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
- c benificial, helpful; healthful, wholesome.
- d self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
- e tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.
5 Multiple choice questions
- to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
- self-government, political control.
- to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
- funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
5 True/False questions
equitable → to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
precept → a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
scathing → dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
unwieldy → a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
transient → lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.