← Vocab Unit 5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.
- b to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
- c extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
- d a rule of conduct or action
- e self-government, political control.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- to mock, treat with contempt.
- bitterly severe, withering; causing great harm.
- dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
- a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
5 True/False Questions
soporific → self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
blazon → to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
unwieldy → not easily carried, handled, or managed because of size or complexity.
extricate → fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
salutary → to mock, treat with contempt.