← Vocab Unit 5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.
- b bitterly severe, withering; causing great harm.
- c funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- d a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- e to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- lasting only a short time, fleeting; one who stays only a short time.
- to mock, treat with contempt.
- self-government, political control.
- a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- extremely strict in regard to moral standards and conduct; prudish, puritanical.
5 True/False Questions
precept → a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
equitable → fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
blazon → to mock, treat with contempt.
extricate → fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
soporific → self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.