← Vocab Unit 5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
- b benificial, helpful; healthful, wholesome.
- c to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
- d tending to cause sleep, relating to sleepiness or lethargy; something that induces sleep.
- e to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- bitterly severe, withering; causing great harm.
- dull, uninteresting, tiresome; lacking in sharpness, flavor, liveliness or force.
- a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
5 True/False Questions
precept → a rule of conduct or action
axiomatic → self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
flout → to mock, treat with contempt.
transient → a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
straitlaced → to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.