← Vocab Unit 5 Test
Vocab Unit 5
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a not easily carried, handled, or managed because of size or complexity.
- b to mock, treat with contempt.
- c a warning or caution to prevent misunderstanding or discourage behavior.
- d self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
- e to free from entanglements or difficulties; to remove with effort.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- funereal, typical of the tomb; extremely gloomy or dismal.
- self-government, political control.
- tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.
- a general pardon for an offense against a government in general, any act for forgiveness or absolution.
- to steal, especially in a sneaky way and in petty amounts.
5 True/False Questions
equitable → fair, just, embodying principles of justice.
scourge → to whip, punish severely; a cause of affliction or suffering; a source of severe punishment or criticism.
soporific → self evident, expressing a universally accepted principle or rule.
blazon → to adorn or embellish; to display conspicuously; to publish or proclaim wildly.
transient → tending to be troublesome; unruly, quarrelsome, contrary; unpredictable.