5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 3 cell structures that are found in plant cells but not in animal cells?
- if mitotic cell division is occuring in a multicellular organism then the purpose of the process is for:
- what cell part is directly involved in transporting substances into or out of a cell?
- what is the major role of lipids within a cell?
- a scientist is trying to develop treatment to stop cancer cells from dividing, the name of the process that will stop if the treatment
- a the cell membrane
- b mitotic cell division
- c growth or repair of damaged tissue or replacement of worn out cells
- d they are the major structural component of cell membranes
- e chloroplasts, cell wall (made of cellulose) and the large central vacuole
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- because water molecules are polar, the slightly negative oxygen of one water molecule will hyfrogen bond to the slightly positive hydrogen atom of another water molecule
- very simple celled organism with DNA in a nucleoid region. had DNA but isnt surrounded by nuclear membrane, lack membrane bound organelles
- anaerobic respiration
- water is polar and therefore make an exellent solvent
5 True/False Questions
3 parts of a monomer → sugar (deoxyribose), phosphate group and nitrogenous base
a portion of DNA that has the info to make one protein is called a: → gene
what organelle is used directly to make proteins in all cells? → ribosomes
starch from food is a source of _____ for organisms. starch is a type of ______________ → ribose
a water strider can sit on the surface of the water. is the water strider denser or less dense that the water? → because water molecules are polar, the slightly negative oxygen of one water molecule will hyfrogen bond to the slightly positive hydrogen atom of another water molecule