5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- how many nucleotides are needed to code for one amino acid?
- what macromolecules control the reaction rate of photosynthesis?
- what part of a cell converts nutrients from sugar into energy?
- to what class of macromolecules do enzymes belong? and what is its monomer?
- a proteins and the monomer is amino acids
- b 3
- c enzymes
- d mitochondria
- e causes surface tension and the water strider does not break the hydrogen bonds and therefore floats
5 Multiple choice questions
- when cells freeze and burst, water is unusual beacsue the solid form is less dense than the liquid form, when water freezes it expands and ruptures the cell membrane, killing the cell
- because water molecules are polar, the slightly negative oxygen of one water molecule will hyfrogen bond to the slightly positive hydrogen atom of another water molecule
- amino acids
5 True/False questions
if mitotic cell division is occuring in a multicellular organism then the purpose of the process is for: → growth or repair of damaged tissue or replacement of worn out cells
3 parts of a monomer → amino acids
ecological succession → causes surface tension and the water strider does not break the hydrogen bonds and therefore floats
what property of water makes it an ideal material for transporting necessary chemical substances? → water is polar and therefore make an exellent solvent
white oak trees make their own food. their cells contain structures that capture energy from the sun. what are these structures? → mitochondria