5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- American Artists
- Renaissance - 16th c.
- Italy primary cities
- a 19th c. France; 20 yrs in making; loss of patrons; brushstrokes emphasized
- b florence, italy, rome
- c Ed Hopper "Nighthawks" diner; Grant Wood "American Gothic"
- d Paris 20th c., the "anti art"; about irony, humor, shock; manipulate for humor
- e Mannerism; dramatic use of space/ light & emotion, exaggerated color, elongated figures
5 Multiple choice questions
- Renaissance (rebirth); High Ren 1490-1530; humanism; heaven down to earth; art patrons (Medici); Uffizi Gallery priv collection
- Leader of Avantgarde - forward-thinking, controversial, against the norm; France; most important impressionism artist; emphasis on brishstrokes;
- post impressionist who portrayed personal expressions of things we cannot see (air, smoke, glowing light orbs); larger dots similar to pointillism; vivid colors/energy/intensity
- 20th c. Paris; concepts of motion & speed
- Early/Bronze Age, Late 7th to early 5th c. BCE,
5 True/False questions
American Painting → Ed Hopper "Nighthawks" diner; Grant Wood "American Gothic"
Renaissance artists → Ed Hopper "Nighthawks" diner; Grant Wood "American Gothic"
Rome - Middle Ages → 18th - 19th c.; Oil paint in tubes 1841; allowed portability; Hudson River School (band of people w/ same philosophies)
2 types of cubism → Paris, 20th c.; Picasso & Braque; challenges shape & shatters space
Cubism → Paris, 20th c.; Picasso & Braque; challenges shape & shatters space