6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- you see an object when light from the object reflects off of the object and it reaches your eye
- objects that ALLOW LIGHT TO PASS THROUGH them (air, glass and clear plastic)
- a DARK SPACE that forms when light is blocked. The closer an object is to the light, the bigger the shadow is.
- when water vapor refracts, or bends, the sunlight, a rainbow forms.
- a form of energy that ALLOWS YOU TO SEE objects.
- when white light strikes the leaf, the leaf absorbs all of the colors EXCEPT for green. The green bounces off the leaf and the green is reflected into your eye
5 True/False Questions
translucent → objects that let light pass through them but SCATTER THE LIGHT so you cannot see clearly through it (wax paper and frosted glass, stained glass windows)
black objects → they block light from passing through them so you CANNOT SEE THROUGH THEM (examples are brick walls, cardboard, even people)
white objects → objects that REFLECTS ALL LIGHT that strikes it looks white (all colors reflect into your eye making it look white) white light is MADE OF MANY DIFFERENT COLORS
refraction → light reflects when it BOUNCES OFFfobjects (bounces the same as a ball: hits the object and then goes in a different direction)
prisms → a piece of GLASS THAT REFRACTS LIGHT. It separates white light into ALL of the colors that make it up by bending each color of light in a different amount