5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- placebo effect
- diffusion tensor imaging (DTI)
- a a compulsive craving for drug effects or other experience
- b the symptoms that occur when certain adictive drugs are no longer administered in smaller quantities.
- c uses MRI to measure white matter connectivity between brain regions
- d perceived benefit from inactive substances or procedures
- e a powerful addictive dopamine agonist derived from the leaves of the cocoa plant in south america
5 Multiple choice questions
- one of a subgroup of monoamines includnig seratonin and melatonin
- changes in the BOLD signal over time.
- major inhibotory amino acid neurotransmitter
- the effect of one variable upon another
- measures of temporary changes in brain physiology associated with cognitive processing; the most common methods of PET and fMRI are based on a hemodynamic measure
5 True/False questions
dopamine → a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
benzodiazepine → one of a subgroup of monoamines includnig seratonin and melatonin
monoamine → a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
amphetamine → a variation of amphetamine that is cheaply produced and widely abused in the US
curare → a compound extracted from opium, used to treat pain