5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ecstacy (MDMA)
- nitric oxdie (NO)
- a a chemical messenget that communicates with target cells more distant than the synapse by diffusing away from the point of release.
- b a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
- c a gas that performs a type of signaling between neurons
- d Blood oxygen-level-dependent contrast; the signal measured in fMRI that relates to the concentration of deoxyhemoglobin in the blood
- e a clost relative of amphetamine that produces its behavioral effects by stimulating the release of serotonin
5 Multiple choice questions
- a variation of amphetamine that is cheaply produced and widely abused in the US
- one of the monoamine (also known as Adrenaline)
- uses MRI to measure white matter connectivity between brain regions
- an enzyme that breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcoline
- a powerful addictive dopamine agonist derived from the leaves of the cocoa plant in south america
5 True/False questions
Hemodynamic response function (HRF) → changes in the BOLD signal over time.
acetylcholine (ACh) → an enzyme that breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcoline
serotonin → participates in the regulation of mood, sleep and apetite
botulism → Blood oxygen-level-dependent contrast; the signal measured in fMRI that relates to the concentration of deoxyhemoglobin in the blood
placebo effect → perceived benefit from inactive substances or procedures