5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- nitric oxdie (NO)
- a a gas that performs a type of signaling between neurons
- b a chemical messenger that communicates with target cells at great distance, often by travelling through the circulation.
- c a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
- d Blood oxygen-level-dependent contrast; the signal measured in fMRI that relates to the concentration of deoxyhemoglobin in the blood
- e a peptide that acts as a neurotransmitter, a neuromodulator, or a neurohormone
5 Multiple choice questions
- the effect of one variable upon another
- a stimulant drug that is the major active component found in tobacco
- the assumption that adding a different component to a task does not change the operation of other components
- a substance derived from the Amazonian plants that causes paralysis by blocking the the nicotinic ACh receptor
- perceived benefit from inactive substances or procedures
5 True/False questions
acetylchoilnesterase → a major small-molecule neurotransmitter used at the neuromusculus junction, in the autonomic nervous system, and in the CNS.
nucleus accumbens → a dopaminergic structure believed to participate in reward and addiction
epinephrine → a highly addictive drug that acts as a potent dopamine agonist
norepinephrine → a major monoamine and catecholamine neurotransmitter
amphetamine → a variation of amphetamine that is cheaply produced and widely abused in the US