← bio quiz 3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- psychoactive drug
- a one of a subgroup of monoamines includnig seratonin and melatonin
- b a drug that produces changes in mental processes
- c a substance produced during during the synthesis of catecholamines that is also administered as a treatment for Parkinsno's Disease
- d a drug that produces strong sedation by acting as a GABA agonist
- e a highly addictive drug that acts as a potent dopamine agonist
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a gas that performs a type of signaling between neurons
- a neurotransmitter implicated in motor control, reward and psychosis.
- one of the monoamine (also known as Adrenaline)
- the assumption that adding a different component to a task does not change the operation of other components
- part of a group of biogenic amines that includes dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine.
5 True/False Questions
serotonin → a powerful addictive dopamine agonist derived from the leaves of the cocoa plant in south america
acetylcholine (ACh) → a major small-molecule neurotransmitter used at the neuromusculus junction, in the autonomic nervous system, and in the CNS.
acetylchoilnesterase → an enzyme that breaks down the neurotransmitter acetylcoline
reserpine → a substane that is derived from a plant that depletes supplies of monoamines by interfering with the uptake of monoamines into synaptic vesicles; used to treat high blood pressure but often produces depression
nicotinic receptor → a postsynaptic receptor that responds to both ACh and muscarine