5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- To achieve salvation, medieval Christians believed they must
- Part of a vassal's obligation under his feudal contract was to
- St. Francis of Assisi
- Pope Leo III proclaimed Charlemagne to be Emperor of the Romans because Charlemagne had
- a Founder of the Franciscans
- b serve in the military.
- c receive the sacraments
- d an estate granted to a vassal by his lord
- e crushed a rebellion in Rome.
5 Multiple choice questions
- stay on the land for life
- the land in the woman's dowry.
- taller houses and shops
- the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
- person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
5 True/False questions
when the ownership of a manor was granted to a new lord, the serfs → remained on the land to serve the new lord
What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-field system of rotating crops? → Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
A vassal owed his first loyalty to his → Founder of the Franciscans
What important step did King Clovis take in ruling his conquered lands in that late 400s? → remained on the land to serve the new lord
Newcomers to a medieval city often settled in the fields outside the city walls because → legumes