5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Under Benedictine Rule, monks and nuns took vows of
- What was the result of the church reforms of Pope Gregory VII in 1073?
- To achieve salvation, medieval Christians believed they must
- a King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
- b receive the sacraments
- c obedience, poverty, and chastity
- d Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
- e a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
5 Multiple choice questions
- A poet or musician who traveled around and entertained people with songs about chivalry and courtly love.
- crushed a rebellion in Rome.
- code of conduct for knights
- stay on the land for life
- authority over all secular rulers
5 True/False questions
journeyman → a salaried worker in the guild system
As a response to overcrowding, residents if medieval cities built → protect themselves
What was a purpose of the missi dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom? → Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
Marriage in noble society often included fierce negotiations over → Merchants
What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-field system of rotating crops? → Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops