5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Under Benedictine Rule, monks and nuns took vows of
- Feudalism developed as a way for medieval societies to
- What was a purpose of the missi dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom?
- Newcomers to a medieval city often settled in the fields outside the city walls because
- a They administered the law.
- b the city was overcrowded within the city walls.
- c A poet or musician who traveled around and entertained people with songs about chivalry and courtly love.
- d obedience, poverty, and chastity
- e protect themselves
5 Multiple choice questions
- receive the sacraments
- remained on the land to serve the new lord
- a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
- a salaried worker in the guild system
- withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
5 True/False questions
In the manor system, the peasants had to → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
Starting in the late 700s, which group attacked Western Europe from the sea and broke the last threads of unity in Charlemagne's empire? → Vikings
The new middle class in medieval society included → protect themselves
knight → person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
The claim of papal supremacy held that → authority over all secular rulers