5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pope Leo III proclaimed Charlemagne to be Emperor of the Romans because Charlemagne had
- a King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
- b a trainee in the guild system
- c crushed a rebellion in Rome.
- d A poet or musician who traveled around and entertained people with songs about chivalry and courtly love.
- e a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord
5 Multiple choice questions
- the city was overcrowded within the city walls.
- Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
- remained on the land to serve the new lord
5 True/False questions
knight → person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
The claim of papal supremacy held that → authority over all secular rulers
Feudalism developed as a way for medieval societies to → Merchants
St. Francis of Assisi → King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
What important step did King Clovis take in ruling his conquered lands in that late 400s? → He converted to Christianity, the religion of the people of Gaul