5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was a purpose of the missi dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom?
- The claim of papal supremacy held that
- In the later Middle Ages, the Church
- As a response to overcrowding, residents if medieval cities built
- a a trainee in the guild system
- b the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
- c taller houses and shops
- d They administered the law.
- e withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
- remained on the land to serve the new lord
- receive the sacraments
- a salaried worker in the guild system
- a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord
5 True/False Questions
The new middle class in medieval society included → protect themselves
charter → a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-field system of rotating crops? → legumes
St. Francis of Assisi → Founder of the Franciscans
Part of a vassal's obligation under his feudal contract was to → serve in the military.