5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- St. Francis of Assisi
- Marriage in noble society often included fierce negotiations over
- Feudalism developed as a way for medieval societies to
- Part of a vassal's obligation under his feudal contract was to
- A vassal owed his first loyalty to his
- a Founder of the Franciscans
- b liege lord
- c the land in the woman's dowry.
- d serve in the military.
- e protect themselves
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- crushed a rebellion in Rome.
- the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
- obedience, poverty, and chastity
- a salaried worker in the guild system
- a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
5 True/False Questions
As a response to overcrowding, residents if medieval cities built → protect themselves
when the ownership of a manor was granted to a new lord, the serfs → the pope had authority over all knights and emperors
Newcomers to a medieval city often settled in the fields outside the city walls because → the city was overcrowded within the city walls.
The new middle class in medieval society included → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
serf → a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord