5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Starting in the late 700s, which group attacked Western Europe from the sea and broke the last threads of unity in Charlemagne's empire?
- Chivalry was
- What was a purpose of the missi dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom?
- a Vikings
- b They administered the law.
- c a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord
- d code of conduct for knights
- e King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a salaried worker in the guild system
- liege lord
- remained on the land to serve the new lord
- protect themselves
5 True/False Questions
papal supremacy → a trainee in the guild system
In the manor system, the peasants had to → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
In the later Middle Ages, the Church → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
apprentice → a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
knight → an estate granted to a vassal by his lord