5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What important step did King Clovis take in ruling his conquered lands in that late 400s?
- What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-field system of rotating crops?
- Marriage in noble society often included fierce negotiations over
- The new middle class in medieval society included
- a the land in the woman's dowry.
- b Merchants
- c legumes
- d He converted to Christianity, the religion of the people of Gaul
- e King of Franks; conquered Gaul; earned support of Gaul and Church of Rome by converting; Ruled lands in Frankish custom but kept Roman legacy
5 Multiple choice questions
- person of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry
- code of conduct for knights
- a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
- a person who is bound to the land and owned by the feudal lord
- an estate granted to a vassal by his lord
5 True/False questions
apprentice → a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
A vassal owed his first loyalty to his → liege lord
Under Benedictine Rule, monks and nuns took vows of → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed
As a response to overcrowding, residents if medieval cities built → taller houses and shops
In the later Middle Ages, the Church → withdrew many rights that nuns had enjoyed