5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What crop restored fertility to the soil in the three-field system of rotating crops?
- As a response to overcrowding, residents if medieval cities built
- A vassal owed his first loyalty to his
- Newcomers to a medieval city often settled in the fields outside the city walls because
- a A poet or musician who traveled around and entertained people with songs about chivalry and courtly love.
- b taller houses and shops
- c liege lord
- d the city was overcrowded within the city walls.
- e legumes
5 Multiple choice questions
- the land in the woman's dowry.
- obedience, poverty, and chastity
- remained on the land to serve the new lord
- a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town
- stay on the land for life
5 True/False questions
What was a purpose of the missi dominici that Charlemagne sent throughout his kingdom? → Only the church could appoint Church officials such as bishops
Pope Leo III proclaimed Charlemagne to be Emperor of the Romans because Charlemagne had → receive the sacraments
What important step did King Clovis take in ruling his conquered lands in that late 400s? → remained on the land to serve the new lord
In the later Middle Ages, the Church → stay on the land for life
Clovis → a document that set out the rights and privileges of a town