5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a An oversimplified generalization about a person or group of people without regard for individual differences. Even seemingly positive stereotypes that link a person or group to a specific positive trait can have negative consequences.
- b prejudice or discrimination against Jews
- c a sweeping statement, presented as a general truth but based on limited or incomplete evidence
- d An irrational fear of homosexuals or those perceived to be homosexuals that can lead to discriminatory or violent behavior.
- e intolerance toward those who are different
5 Multiple choice questions
- of or having to do with races or classes of people and their language, culture, history, etc.
- A methodical plan orchestrated by Hitler to ensure German supremacy. It called for the elimination of Jews, non-conformists, homosexuals, non-Aryans, and mentally and physically disabled.
- a socially constructed category of people who share biologically transmitted traits that members of a society consider important
- To blame an individual or group for something based on that person or group's identity when in reality the person or group is not responsible. Prejudicial and discriminatory acts can lead this.
- The denial of justice and fair treatment by both individuals and institutions in many arenas, including employment, education, housing, banking, and political rights. This often follows prejudicial thinking.
5 True/False questions
Apathy → the trait of lacking enthusiasm for or interest in things generally
tolerance → willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others
Dehumanization → To deprive of human qualities or attributes
perpetrator → To blame an individual or group for something based on that person or group's identity when in reality the person or group is not responsible. Prejudicial and discriminatory acts can lead this.
prejudice → An unjustifiable (and usually negative) attitude toward a group and its members. Prejudice generally involves stereotyped beliefs, negative feelings, and a predisposition to discriminatory action.