4th - Science - Ch 2B Review 1
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- wheel and axle
- a When weights or forces are in balance, we call this ___________________.
- b The brakes on in-line skates work because of ____________.
- c Handlebars, pedals, and brakes of a bicycle are a simple machine called a ________ and ____________.
- d When a person starts to move, potential energy changes to __________ energy.
- e A knife is s simple machine called a _________.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A _______________ uses chemical energy.
- A battery uses ____________ energy.
- You are doing work when you_____________.
- _____________ hold many parts of a bicycle together.
- An electric light uses _____________ energy.
5 True/False Questions
kinetic energy → After you kick a soccer ball, it has __________ energy.
equilibrium → a simple machine that uses a rope and wheel to change the direction of a force.
the moon has less gravity than Earth → Astronauts weigh less on the moon than on Earth because____________.
gravity → Your weight is a measure of the force of _____________.
work → A nail is an example of a ______________.