5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Core Beliefs
- Dead Sea Scrolls
- a Promoted: the pleasure of mind is to contemplate the pleasure of the body; the safest social pleasure was friendship; and if gods did exist, they didn't get involved with humans.
- b A solemn promise or agreement, made between two parties, the word means testament.
- c Believed that all life is part of a single system called nature and that life is good when in harmony with nature.
- d 1. There is one god.
2. God crated everything.
3. He chose a people with whom to share his revelation and to carry his blessing through history.
4. God made a covenant with the Jews.
- e Contained fragments of the Old testament, found in 1947.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Freedom for error. The books of Scripture faithfully and without error teach the truth that god, for the sake of our salvation, wishes to communicate through the sacred scriptures.
- At one time was the northern capital of Israel. Conquered by the Assyrians in 721 BC and went into exile. Few Israelites remained. Jews were not allowed to go here.
- The most influential religious sect during the lifetime of Jesus. They focused on keeping Jews faithful to the law.
- Handpicked Governor of Palestine. Was not a complete Jew. Was know to be cruel and hated.
- This is the process by which God the Holy Spirit assisted a human author in writing a book of the bible. Because of this, God is the author of the bible and the truth that he willed us to know was conveyed without error.
5 True/False Questions
Geographic - 3 Territories → Contained fragments of the Old testament, found in 1947.
Ten Commandments → Ten laws, often called the Decalogue, prescribed the moral obligations for the Israelites.
Salvation History → Another word for Greek influence.
Essenes → They withdrew completely from the world and political activity to prepare for the coming of God. They typically avoided all contact with foreign cultures and followed the law of Moses to the Last detail.
Zealots → Handpicked Governor of Palestine. Was not a complete Jew. Was know to be cruel and hated.