5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Biblical Exegesis
- Geographic - 3 Territories
- a Believed that all life is part of a single system called nature and that life is good when in harmony with nature.
- b The explanation or critical interpretation of a passage of sacred scripture.
- c Judea, Samaria, Galilee.
- d They withdrew completely from the world and political activity to prepare for the coming of God. They typically avoided all contact with foreign cultures and followed the law of Moses to the Last detail.
- e Had Jerusalem, the city of David. Most southern of the territories.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Ruler, governor, merchant, peasant, artisan, unclean.
- Ten laws, often called the Decalogue, prescribed the moral obligations for the Israelites.
- Belief in many Gods.
- Means "Circle of Gentiles." Was surrounded by non Jews.
- 1897-1980. Founded the catholic worker movement.
Founded the Catholic Worker newspaper.
Did most of her work in NYC.
5 True/False Questions
Core Beliefs → They withdrew completely from the world and political activity to prepare for the coming of God. They typically avoided all contact with foreign cultures and followed the law of Moses to the Last detail.
Monotheism → Belief in one God.
Covenant → A solemn promise or agreement, made between two parties, the word means testament.
Zealots → Handpicked Governor of Palestine. Was not a complete Jew. Was know to be cruel and hated.
Samaria → At one time was the northern capital of Israel. Conquered by the Assyrians in 721 BC and went into exile. Few Israelites remained. Jews were not allowed to go here.