What is Respect?
-Respect means to show regard or consideration for someone or something.
-Respect is an important way of being kind and good to other people.
-Respect means not making fun of others.
-Respect means thinking of how somebody else feels. *Respect is treating another person the same way you'd want to be treated yourself
What is a common phrase about Respect?
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
What type of behavior is Respect?
Respect is an attitude. Being respectful helps a person succeed in life. If people don't have respect for peers, authority, or themselves, it's almost impossible for them to succeed.
How does a respectful person act?
A respectful person takes care of belongings and responsibilities, and a respectful person gets along with peers.
What is Self Respect?
Self Respect means to hold proper esteem or regard for the dignity of one's character. The virtue of self-respect allows people to feel good about themselves and will help them to achieve their goals.
Why is Self Respect important?
Self-respect is one of the most important forms of respect. Once we respect ourselves, it is easier to respect others.
What is Self Esteem?
Self esteem is your opinion of yourself. High self esteem is a good opinion of yourself and low self esteem is a bad opinion of yourself.
How to Treat others with respect:
• Don't insult people or make fun of them.
• Listen to others when they speak.
• Value other people's opinions.
• Be considerate of people's likes and dislikes.
• Don't mock or tease people.
• Don't talk about people behind their backs.
• Be sensitive to other people's feelings.
• Don't pressure someone to do something he or she doesn't want to do.
How is diversity related to respect?
We live in a diverse nation made up of many different cultures, languages, races, and backgrounds. That kind of variety can make all our lives a lot more fun and interesting, but only if we get along with each other. And to do that we have to respect each other.
What Are some ways we can respect people who are different from us?
• Try to learn something from the other person.
• Never stereotype people.
• Show interest and appreciation for other people's cultures and backgrounds.
• Don't go along with prejudices and racist attitudes.