← Plants Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The oldest trees alive are __________.
- b The five types of plant hormones that have been discovered are ethylene, auxins, __________, cytokinins, and abscisic acid.
- c __________ is a series of chemical reactions that breaks down food molecules and releases energy.
- d The plant hormone __________ is produced in the cells of ripening fruit, which stimulates the ripening process.
- e In this type of tropism a plant responds either positively or negatively to the sense of touch.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- __________ __________ is a type of plant hormone that causes stomata to close and helps plants respond to water loss on hot summer days.
- The four main groups of gymnosperms include __________, cycads, ginkgoes, and gnetophytes.
- Vascular bundles contain xylem and __________.
- Examples of nonvascular plants are mosses, __________, and hornworts.
- __________ are the organs of the plant where the food-making process of photosynthesis takes place.
5 True/False Questions
rhizoids → Angiosperms are divided into two groups, monocots and __________.
spores → Nonvascular plants do not have flowers or __________ that produce seeds.
vascular bundles → The two major groups of plants are nonvascular plants and __________ plants.
xylem → Vascular bundles contain __________ and phloem.
silica → All conifers produce two types of cones, __________ and female.