5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cholecalciferol (vitamin D3)
- amnion, yolk sac, placenta
- IP3, DAG (inositol triphosphate and diacylglycerol)
- a fatty acids are degraded by phospholipase C to form what two molecules?
- b GH triggers lipolysis by reducing adipose tissue sensitivity to ______.
- c blood contains 20 g of free glucose, enough to supply calories at the BMR for how many hours?
- d the trophoblast will develop into a variety of supporting structures including the ______ , ____, and fetal portion of the ______
- e Concerning Vitamin D synthesis: dietary _______ from dairy products can be metabolized into vitamin D
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- SST inhibits the release of
- Pseudohypoparathyroidism is genetic and in the most common form, the amount of __ is reduced by half.
- an extreme example of the metabolic changes due to long-term starvation is the untreated ____________
- adhesion of the trophoblast to the uterine epithelium is thought to involve the ____ family of receptors
- possible mechanisms responsible for hypocalcemia: deficiency, failure to produce, or resistance to _____________ (not PTH)
5 True/False Questions
follicle → the ratio of T3/rT3 (rises/falls) during prolonged starvation
beta-hydroxybutyrate, acetoacetate, acetone → the ketone bodies converted from the acetyl CoA produced from lipid breakdown
25-hydroxy vitamin D → PTH activates the 1alpha-hydroxylase which acts on _________ to make fully active 1alpha, 25-dihidroxy vitamin D
sarcoidosis → unregulated hydroxylation of Vitamin D by activated macrophages and lymphocytes can result in hypercalcemia in __________
ergocalciferol → Concerning Vitamin D synthesis: _______ from plant sources can be metabolized into vitamin D