← Romans Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Traditional story of how Rome began. Twins abandoned and rescued by a wolf, raised by a shepherd . Grew to build Rome. Romulus later killed Remus
- 200 year period of peace in Rome.
- A series of three wars between Rome and Carthage resulted in the destruction of Carthage and Rome's dominance over the western Mediterranean.
- Conquered entire Mediterranean coast and most of Europe. Ruled by an emperor. Eventually oversaw the rise and spread of Christianity.
- Made dictator for life in (45 BCE), after conquering Gaul, assinated in (44 BCE) by the Senate because they were afraid of his power; part of the 1st triumvirate
4 True/False Questions
(Caeser) Augustus → Title given the the Roman emperor Octavian which means "sacred" or "venerable"; Julius Caeser's successor
Theodosius → richest man in rome, and was part of the first Triumverate; defeated Spartacus
Italy → part of triumvirate; defeated by Caesar; fled to Egypt
Pompey → a republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula