5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mississippi river
- a longest and biggest river in US that has its source in the Minnesota & its mouth in Louisiana
- b sections of a waterway with closed gates where water levels are raised and lowered.
- c Descendants from French settlers in Canada from a colony called Acadia. Acadians were forced out by the British and fled to Louisiana were they settled.
- d Leading state in the breeding of horses
- e capital of Mississippi
5 Multiple choice questions
- -largest estuary (section of a river meeting the sea) in the United States. It lies off the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by Maryland and Virginia.
- Leading producer of peaches and peanuts
- a large swampy area of northeast Florida and southeast Georgia
- Capital of Florida
- type of tree with roots that grow in saltwater; found in tropical coastal areas around the world
5 True/False questions
Appalachian mountains → A mountain range that stretches from eastern Canada south to Alabama.
Florida → Leading producer of oranges
New Orleans → crucial port on Mississippi River for shipping farm products
Everglades → Leading producer of peaches and peanuts
Jamestown → First permanent English settlement in North America