5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roanoke Island
- Okefenokee Swamp
- a Island off the coast of North Carolina, site of England's first attempt at a permanent settlement in the Americas, known as the "Lost Colony"
- b a small shellfish farmed and raised in the same flooded fields used to grow rice.
- c Capital of Alabama
- d Descendants from French settlers in Canada from a colony called Acadia. Acadians were forced out by the British and fled to Louisiana were they settled.
- e a large swampy area of northeast Florida and southeast Georgia
5 Multiple choice questions
- crucial port on Mississippi River for shipping farm products
- capital of Tennessee
- A mountain range that stretches from eastern Canada south to Alabama.
- capital of South Carolina
- capital of Virginia
5 True/False questions
Raleigh → a small shellfish farmed and raised in the same flooded fields used to grow rice.
Georgia → Leading producer of oranges
Mississippi river → type of tree with roots that grow in saltwater; found in tropical coastal areas around the world
Everglades → a huge wetland that covers most of southern Florida
Mobile Bay → capital of South Carolina