5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Charleston, SC
- Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia
- a a huge wetland that covers most of southern Florida
- b the capital of Kentucky
- c The place where Fighting broke out to start the Civil war between the North and the South.
- d Former British Colonies in the southeastern states
- e capital of Tennessee
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- -largest estuary (section of a river meeting the sea) in the United States. It lies off the Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by Maryland and Virginia.
- Island off the coast of North Carolina, site of England's first attempt at a permanent settlement in the Americas, known as the "Lost Colony"
- crucial port on Mississippi River for shipping farm products
- longest and biggest river in US that has its source in the Minnesota & its mouth in Louisiana
- Leading producer of oranges
5 True/False Questions
Tallahassee → Capital of Florida
Cape Canaveral → The site in Florida where the space shuttle is launched
Ozark Mountains → an area of low mountains in northwestern Arkansas and southeastern Missouri and northeastern Oklahoma
Cajuns → Descendants from French settlers in Canada from a colony called Acadia. Acadians were forced out by the British and fled to Louisiana were they settled.
Florida Keys → Chain of small islands located off the Southern coast of Florida between the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico