5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- schlieffen plan
- congress of vienna
- a meeting of the european powers after the defeat of napolean which tried to restore order in europe
- b german plan created by general alfred von Schlieffen in 1894, it called for germany to attack france first and preform a holding action against russia, and for the attack on france to occur in an arc through belgium rather than in a direct attack along the french-german border
- c let the people do what they want
- d the german occupation of austria
- e living space
5 Multiple choice questions
- Known in America as French and Indian war. It was the war between the French and their Indian allies and the English that proved the English to be the more dominant force of what was to be the United States both commercially and in terms of controlled regions.
- business association that regulated all aspects of a particular craft or business
- The conflict between Communist North Korea and Non-Communist South Korea. The United Nations (led by the United States) helped South Korea.
- France joined the war on the side of the Protestants in order to keep the Catholic Hapsburg family, which was supported by Spain, from getting too much power.
- society agrees to be guided by its general will
5 True/False questions
holocaust → the greek term for a city-state, the polis became the central focus of Greek life
circumnavigate → go around
NATO → north atlantic treaty organization - this was a mutual defensive alliance formed in 1949 between the US and its allies around the northern atlantic ocean
hundred years war cause → a religious dispute that centered on the protestants in bohemia rebelling against the catholic Hapsburg family.
archaeology → the ideal of civilized behavior that devolved among the nobility; was a code of ethics that knights were supposed to uphold