- A scientist shows interest and pays particular attentions to objects or events. He asks questions and seeks answers.
- A scientist gives a truthful report of observations. He does not withhold important information just to please himself or others.
- A scientist listens to and respects the ideas of others. He accepts criticism and changes his mind if reliable evidence contrdicts his believes.
- A scientist bases suggestions and conclusions on evidences. When in doubt, he questions the veracity of a statement in relation to the evidences presented.
- A scientist can generate new and original ideas.