5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The distortion caused by the transfer of three-dimensional space on Earth's surface to the two dimensions of a flat map.
- A portion of the earth's land surface. Geographers are interested in the transformation of natural landscapes into cultural landscapes.
- What makes Geography different from the other sciences?
- Commonly, a nation is a term describing the citizens of a state—or that state—but it also refers to an ethnic group existing with or without a separate political entity. Nation State.
- How are Regions defined?
- a Human constructs
- b nation
- c landscape
- d Includes both physical and human sciences
- e projection
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- choropleth maps
- nodal region
- remote sensing
5 True/False Questions
What are the 8 regions that we are studying in the text? → USA and Canada, Latin America, Monsoonal Asia, Oceana, Russia and near abroad, Europe, North Africa and Middle East, Sub-Saharan Africa
The domestication of plants and animals that began about 10,000 years ago. → climatology
A latitude line running parallel to the equator. → 66.5, S
What are the principal reference lines for lines of latitude? → Equator, tropic of cancer, tropic of Capricorn, arctic circle, Antarctic circle
Places near the poles are said to be in _____ latitudes. → high