5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Commonly, a nation is a term describing the citizens of a state—or that state—but it also refers to an ethnic group existing with or without a separate political entity. Nation State.
- What geometric quality is distorted by cylindrical maps?
- The earth mantle made of decomposed rock and decayed organic material.
- What are the two "levels" of scale, (and how does the representative fraction change for each? )
- That type of projection is a Mercator projection?
- a Large, small
- b soil
- c Cylindrical
- d nation
- e Area
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- prime meridian
- Human constructs
- Includes both physical and human sciences
- geographic analysis
- Formal, uniform, functional (modal)
5 True/False Questions
Area where there is a coherent structure of areal units organized into a functioning system by lines of movement or influence that converge on a central node or trunk (e.g. USF's service area). → area, shape, distance, direction
What geometric quality is distorted by conical maps? → Direction
Why is GIS useful? → Facilitates geographical analysis
What is the essential problem of creating a map projection? → Distortion of shape, area, direction (representing 3D globe in 2D)
The Arctic Circle is at ____° __ → 23.5, S