5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- 1 to 3
- Scored tablet
- a 1tbsp = _tsp
- b Needles that are ____ to _____ inch long are used for intramuscular injections.
- c Extended Release -abbreviation
- d 1kg = _._lbs
- e Drug in a pill form manufactured with an indentation for division through the center
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Six factors that affect a drug's action.
- A coating added to an oral medication that resists the effects of the stomach juices; designed so that medicine is absorbed in the small intestine.
- An excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood
- Relieving or soothing the symptoms of a disease or disorder without effecting a cure. ex. antihistamines for allergic symptoms.
- reduce inflammation
5 True/False Questions
Replacement → Drugs that provide substances to the body needs to maintain health; for example, estrogen replacement therapy for menopausal women and administration of insulin to patients with diabetes.
Wheal → federal agency responsible for enforcing laws and regulations governing narcotics and controlled substances
ad → before
Schedule IV drugs → low potential abuse, currently accepted medical use in the US,potentially limited physical or psychological dependence, telephone orders permitted, refills okay
PO → milliliter