← Islam Test Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a City in western Arabia; birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad, and ritual center of the Islamic religion.
- b the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth
- c (Islam) a fast (held from sunrise to sunset) that is carried out during the Islamic month of Ramadan
- d a city in western Saudi Arabia
- e The date of Mohammad's flight to Medina.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- First wife of muhammad and first to convert to Islam.
- Iraqi leader who waged war against Iran
- the Arab prophet who founded Islam (570-632)
- the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
5 True/False Questions
Islam → the religion of Muslims collectively which governs their civilization and way of life
Twelvers → Shi'ite sect that believes there are 12 Imams, and that the final one, the Mahdi, will come back
Ashura → The date of Mohammad's flight to Medina.
Ottoman Empire → a Muslim empire that lasted from the early 1400s until after WWI
Muezzin → the Muslim official of a mosque who summons the faithful to prayer from a minaret five times a day