5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the first of the Old Testament patriarchs and the father of Isaac
- b City in western Arabia; birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad, and ritual center of the Islamic religion.
- c Shi'a commemoration of the death of Husayn
- d the branch of Islam whose members acknowledge Ali and his descendants as the rightful successors of Muhammad
- e a member of the branch of Islam that accepts the first four caliphs as rightful successors to Muhammad
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- First wife of muhammad and first to convert to Islam.
- The date of Mohammad's flight to Medina.
- the Muslim official of a mosque who summons the faithful to prayer from a minaret five times a day
- the Arab prophet who founded Islam (570-632)
- (Islam) a fast (held from sunrise to sunset) that is carried out during the Islamic month of Ramadan
5 True/False Questions
Muslims → Iraqi leader who waged war against Iran
Koran → the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
Five Pillars → Shi'ite sect that believes there are 12 Imams, and that the final one, the Mahdi, will come back
Medina → a city in western Saudi Arabia
Ottoman Empire → the Muslim official of a mosque who summons the faithful to prayer from a minaret five times a day