5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The date of Mohammad's flight to Medina.
- b First wife of muhammad and first to convert to Islam.
- c (Islam) a Muslim place of worship
- d the civil and religious leader of a Muslim state considered to be a representative of Allah on earth
- e the Muslim official of a mosque who summons the faithful to prayer from a minaret five times a day
5 Multiple choice questions
- the Arab prophet who founded Islam (570-632)
- Iraqi leader who waged war against Iran
- City in western Arabia; birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad, and ritual center of the Islamic religion.
- (Islam) a black stone building in Mecca that is shaped like a cube and that is the most sacred Muslim pilgrim shrine
- began in the early 16th century, Shiite Muslim, rulers were Shahs, declined in 18th century
5 True/False questions
Ottoman Empire → Shi'ite sect that believes there are 12 Imams, and that the final one, the Mahdi, will come back
Ashura → Shi'a commemoration of the death of Husayn
Medina → City in western Arabia; birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad, and ritual center of the Islamic religion.
Twelfth Imam → ?????????????????
Koran → the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina