← SS Vocab 7.9.3 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- another 1534
- August 24, 1572
- a Many violence broke out when unhappy Protestants threw two Catholic officials out of the window.
- b A group of people who adhere to a common faith and habitually attend a given church.
- c The St. Bartholomews Day took place.
- d A reformer who protested against the abuses of the Catholic church in the 1500's:a member of a church desceneded from those that seceded from the Roman Catholic Church during 1500's
- e German peasants rebelled against their rulers after reading Luthers bible.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A long series of wars between Catholics and Protestants involving much of Europe.
- The agreement they created allowed rulers to determine whether their countrys would be Protestant or Catholic.
- French Protestants.
- King Henry VIII of England breaks away from the Catholic Church.
- 1598, decree promulgated at Nantes by King Henry IV to restore internal peace in France, which had been torn by the Wars of Religion; the edict defined the rights of the French Protestants
5 True/False Questions
federalism → A system in which power is divided between the national and state governments.
1562 → The kings efforts to eliminate Protestants increased tension, but violence didn't break out until 1562.
War for 20 years → 100 years later almost all Europe was Catholic.
100 years → 100 years later almost all Europe was Catholic.
1618-1648 → Many violence broke out when unhappy Protestants threw two Catholic officials out of the window.