5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Into the nose
- b (lozenge) a flat round dosage form containing medication, flavor, sugar, and mucilage. dissolves in mouth to release medication
- c Time Release
- d Is a dosage form of a medication that is a semisolid preparation, usually applied externally to soothe, lubricate, or protect.
- e a mixture of water and alcohol, a Non-aqueous solution with water, including elixirs & tinctures
5 Multiple choice questions
- Flat disks containing a medicinal agent with a suitably flavor base that dissolve slowly in the mouth for a long period of time, releasing therapeutic ingredients.
- into sac surrounding the lung
- into the space around spinal canal/cord
- sustained release
- a method of administering medication through the unbroken skin via patch or ointment
5 True/False questions
suppository → mixture of water and nondissolved materials
parenteral → injection of a liquid through the anus to stimulate evacuation
mucilage → what is a semisolid mixture of an organic substance and a medicinal agent, vegetable matter.
liquid → controlled diffusion
excipients → mixture of two liquids that do not dissolve into each other in which one liquid is spread through the other by mixing and using a stabilizer called an emulsifier