5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a beneath the skin, type of suspension, inject-able, depot therapy.
- b when someone puts a liquid, especially a drug, into a person's body using a needle and a syringe from small tube
- c Extra Long
- d add bulk
- e Pertaining to the ear.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- within a artery
- a small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle) & iv bag
- semi-solid dosage direct application of a medication to the skin, eye, ear, or other parts of the body on mucous membranes or body cavities
- controlled diffusion
- added to a compound to prevent microbial growth contamination must be compatible with active drug or other ingredients
5 True/False Questions
suppository → mixture of water and nondissolved materials
intraocular → within a joint
rectal → more reliable than the oral method. Is advised for unconscious patients, infants, small children, and mouth-breathing patients.
hydrophilic → pertaining to the eye
parenteral → taken into the body in a manner other than through the digestive canal