5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The development of this technology allowed better timing of planting and had important religious significance; the Maya computed this through 2012 A.D.
- b They mummified their dead and made art that could only be fully seen from the air
- c "Known as the ""Sun Shield,"" this king ruled the city-state of Palenque for 68 years and built a palace, pyramid, and temple; he died in 683 A.D."
- d The Maya built yet another ceremonial center at this site
- e A letter in a hieroglyphic alphabet
5 Multiple choice questions
- The Maya built a ceremonial center at this site
- The peninsula where the Maya lived.
- The Maya worshipped this predator
- The first known city builders in the western hemisphere; they built cities in Central America around 1200 B.C.; huge stone heads made by this culture remain today.
- Courtyards were built for games involving these objects; it is probable that either the winners or losers of games played with these became human sacrifices; trees needed to produce this were common to Mesoamerica
5 True/False questions
rubber → The Maya worshipped this predator
Moche → This crop was cultivated in Mesoamerica around 2700 B.C.
Teotihuacan → A city-state in the Valley of Mexico
San Lorenzo → The site of a major ceremonial complex for the culture in #2
Maya → "Known as the ""Sun Shield,"" this king ruled the city-state of Palenque for 68 years and built a palace, pyramid, and temple; he died in 683 A.D."