5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- San Lorenzo
- a The peninsula where the Maya lived.
- b The development of this technology allowed better timing of planting and had important religious significance; the Maya computed this through 2012 A.D.
- c The site of a major ceremonial complex for the culture in #2
- d The Maya built another ceremonial center at this site
- e The Maya worshipped this predator
5 Multiple choice questions
- Built by the Mayans, it survived the collapse of their civilization probably because of its ties with the Toltecs; it's temple was aligned with the sun at the equinoxes
- This Central American culture began around 1 A.D.; their classical period lasted from 300 to 900 A.D.; they developed astronomy, a calendar, and hieroglyphic writing; they built step-pyramids and terraced cities laid out in neat grids; they practiced human sacrifice
- A letter in a hieroglyphic alphabet
- "The material used to make balls; the Olmec were given their name from the word for ""Dwellers in the land of"" this material"
- This star-gazing superstition guided the Mayans in deciding which rival city-states to attack
5 True/False questions
Moche → The Maya built another ceremonial center at this site
teosinte → Maize was descended from this grassy plant
Paracas → They mummified their dead and made art that could only be fully seen from the air
balls → Courtyards were built for games involving these objects; it is probable that either the winners or losers of games played with these became human sacrifices; trees needed to produce this were common to Mesoamerica
Olmec → A letter in a hieroglyphic alphabet