5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Smoke Shell
- a Maize was descended from this grassy plant
- b He built the Copán Acropolis, one of the last major accomplishments of the Mayans; he married a princess from Palenque
- c Too much of this in the population and not enough in the soil led to the decline of the Mayans
- d The Maya worshipped this predator
- e The Maya built a ceremonial center at this site
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The site of a major ceremonial complex for the culture in #2
- They lived on the southern coast of Peru; they made huge earthworks artworks that can only be fully seen from the air
- Courtyards were built for games involving these objects; it is probable that either the winners or losers of games played with these became human sacrifices; trees needed to produce this were common to Mesoamerica
- "Known as the ""Sun Shield,"" this king ruled the city-state of Palenque for 68 years and built a palace, pyramid, and temple; he died in 683 A.D."
- The Maya built another ceremonial center at this site
5 True/False Questions
Calendar → The development of this technology allowed better timing of planting and had important religious significance; the Maya computed this through 2012 A.D.
Astrology → The first known city builders in the western hemisphere; they built cities in Central America around 1200 B.C.; huge stone heads made by this culture remain today.
rubber → "The material used to make balls; the Olmec were given their name from the word for ""Dwellers in the land of"" this material"
Corn → The Maya built another ceremonial center at this site
Maya → They lived on the southern coast of Peru; they made huge earthworks artworks that can only be fully seen from the air