← Evolution Unit Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Single Gene Traits
- a Trait controlled by a single gene.
- b Study or the embryo(s)
- c Genetic makeup of an organism.
- d Breeding of animals or plants of different races and varieties.
- e Physical characteristics of an organism.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- When 2 populations are capable of interbreeding, but have differences in courtship rituals or other reproductive stratagies that involve behavior.
- Structures with no function, remnants of organisms past. EX: humans appendix(useless)
- process in which homologous chromosomes exchange portions of their chromatids during meiosis.
- Any change in a sequence of DNA.
- Causes by independent assortment and crossing over.
5 True/False Questions
Genetic Equilibrium → Situation in which allele frequencies remain constant.
Artificial Selection → Nature provided that variation and humans selected those variations that they found useful.EX:humans picking out what they want for that trait/gene.
Temporal Isolation → Two or more species reproduce at different times.
Recombination → The formation of species.
Polygenic Traits → Trait controlled by a single gene.