5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The motto of the Enlightenment could very well have been:
- The inductive method of scientific inquiry...
- The philosophes did not advocate the violent overthrow of a nation's government because...
- What statement best represents the "story" of the Scientific Revolution?
- According to Rousseau, freedom meant...
- a It was not an organized effort
- b "Dare to know!"
- c ...combined evidence from nature in order to draw conclusions
- d ...equal citizens obeyed laws they had made themselves
- e ...violence and tumult were contrary to human reason
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ...that the real wealth of society comes from the land and agricultural production
- ...it portrayed characters that seem relevant to the middle-class experience
- ...impose religious unity upon all French people
5 True/False Questions
What scholars call the public sphere was... → ...fashioned from coffee houses, Masonic lodges, and a flourishing book trade
The natural philosopher who had perhaps the greatest influence on the 18th century philosophers → Mercantilism
Rousseau's somewhat conflicting views in female nature illustrate... → ...the idea that men and women should receive an identical education
The Classical style of music that swept Europe after 1750... → ...was intended to sound as a Greek temple looked
In her Vindication of the rights of Women, Mary Wollenscraft argued that... → ...men and women share a common humanity