5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Sun has a _________ rotation of _____ days
- How are Sun Spots created?
- Solar Prominence
- Traveling OUTWARD from the surface, the main regions of the solar atmosphere are the _______, the _______, and the ________.
- Coronal Mass Ejection
- a Chromosphere
- b Sheets of ejected gas.
*Unlike flares, these last weeks!
- c Occasionally field lines burst out of the surface and loop, thereby creating a sunspot pair.
- d *differential (inner spins faster than outer)
- e Large solar storms that blast out a cloud of a billion solar wind particles
5 Multiple choice questions
- Transition from Photosphere to Corona
- 1) Core
2) Radiation Zone
3) Convection Zone
---6) Transition Zone---
"Cool Rad Converse Pad Chris' Toe, Cool!"
- The measurement of average kinetic energy in molecules. NOT HEAT!
- From the fraction of energy that reaches Earth
- Because its very large
5 True/False questions
BELOW the solar surface, in order of increasing depth, lie the ______ zone, the ______ zone, and the ______. → Convection
The numbers of sunspots and their activity peak about every: → Eleven years
Coronal Holes: → Holes in the corona from which solar wind escapes
Corona → Hot atmosphere around the Sun
*Visible only during total solar eclipse, when both the photosphere and the chromosphere are obscured by the Moon.
*B/C its so hot, must have internal heat source (electromag interaction?)
Convection Zone → Transfers radiation from nuclear fusion outward through RADIATION