5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The primary source of energy for the Sun is:
- Solar Prominence
- The Sun has a _________ rotation of _____ days
- Which is faster, radiation or convection?
- a Transition from Photosphere to Corona
- b *differential (inner spins faster than outer)
- c Hydrogen fusion
- d Sheets of ejected gas.
*Unlike flares, these last weeks!
- e Convection
5 Multiple choice questions
- The measurement of average kinetic energy in molecules. NOT HEAT!
- Where nuclear fusion takes place
- The random process of photon movement through the radiation zone to the convection zone.
- The time in the sun spot cycle where there are few (if any) sun spots
- What elements are present, but only in Chromosphere and Photosphere
5 True/False questions
What do mathematic models provide us with? → Because its very large
Compared to the underlying chromosphere, the temperature of the corona is: → Much hotter!!
How is luminosity of the Sun calculated? → From the fraction of energy that reaches Earth
Sun Equilibrium: → The time in the sun spot cycle where there are few (if any) sun spots
Corona → Hot atmosphere around the Sun
*Visible only during total solar eclipse, when both the photosphere and the chromosphere are obscured by the Moon.
*B/C its so hot, must have internal heat source (electromag interaction?)