5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Flares v Prominences?
- What do mathematic models provide us with?
- The part of the Sun we actually see is called:
- Compared to the underlying chromosphere, the temperature of the corona is:
- a Shorter: Flares
More Violent: Flares
- b Much hotter!!
- c The visible surface of the Sun. Creates visible light!
- d the Photosphere
- e Info of the Sun's interior
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The outward flow of charged particles leaving the Sun
- The time in the sun spot cycle where there are few (if any) sun spots
- Transition from Photosphere to Corona
- Because its very large
5 True/False Questions
Random Walk → The random process of photon movement through the radiation zone to the convection zone.
Which is faster, radiation or convection? → Transfers radiation from nuclear fusion outward through RADIATION
Solar Constant → The amount of the Sun's energy reaching earth. "C"
Coronal Holes: → Holes in the corona from which solar wind escapes
Solar Storms emit what? → Spicules