5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are spicules?
- Solar Constant
- Sun Spot Cycle
- What happens to the Sun's magnetic field lines due to rotation?
- a 11 year period during which the # of sunspots rise and fall
*The high point in the cycle=largest corona
- b Field lines twist and break, creating heat as solar storms
- c The amount of the Sun's energy reaching earth. "C"
- d Short-lived narrow jets of gas that last only minutes
- e Hot atmosphere around the Sun
*Visible only during total solar eclipse, when both the photosphere and the chromosphere are obscured by the Moon.
*B/C its so hot, must have internal heat source (electromag interaction?)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Transition from Photosphere to Corona
- Hydrogen fusion
- Transfers radiation from nuclear fusion outward through CONVECTION
- The visible surface of the Sun. Creates visible light!
5 True/False Questions
What do mathematic models provide us with? → Info of the Sun's interior
Coronal Holes: → Holes in the corona from which solar wind escapes
Solar Wind → The outward flow of charged particles leaving the Sun
Maunder Minimum: → When inward Gravitational Force is balanced by outward Pressure.
*Gravity wants the sun to collapse in
*Pressure from hot gas pulls sun outwards
*True for every star- guarantees stability
Temperature: → The measurement of average kinetic energy in molecules. NOT HEAT!