5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a adj: not counterfeit or copied. Ex. "an authentic signature"; "a bona fide manuscript"; "an unquestionable antique"; "photographs taken in a veritable bull ring"
adj: conforming to fact and therefore worthy of belief (authentic account of eyewitness)
- b (v.) to have ambitious hopes or plans, strive toward a higher goal, desire earnestly; to ascend
- c 1. (adj) Ahead of the times, especially in the arts 2. (noun) A group that is ahead of the times.
3. noun: the advance group in any field, especially in the visual, literary, or musical arts, whose works are characterized chiefly by unorthodox and experimental methods.
- d n: the act of taking possession of or power over something. Ex. "his assumption of office coincided with the trouble in Cuba"; "the Nazi assumption of power in 1934"; "he acquired all the company's assets for ten million dollars and the assumption of the compan
noun: something taken for granted; a supposition: a correct assumption
- e verb: give or assign a share of money or time to a particular person or cause, Ex. "I will earmark this money for your research", take possession of by force, as after an invasion
verb: Ex. "the invaders seized the land and property of the inhabitants"; "The army seized the town"; "The militia captured the castle"
adj: suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc. Ex. "a book not appropriate for children"; "a funeral conducted the appropriate solemnity"; "it seems that an apology is appropriate"
5 Multiple choice questions
- noun: a low or downcast state. Ex. "each confession brought her into an attitude of abasement"-
vb (abase): to lower, humble, belittle
- vb: provide a service or favor for someone, Ex. "We had to oblige him"
vb: (without an object) to become adjusted or adapted.
vb: to become reconciled; agree.
- vb: accept (someone) to be what is claimed or accept his power and authority, recognize authority. Ex. "The Crown Prince was acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
vb: accept as legally binding and valid, Ex. "acknowledge the deed"
vb: to accept awareness of...
- noun: a state of deep-seated ill-will
noun: (biochemistry) interference in or inhibition of the physiological action of a chemical substance by another having a similar structure
noun: the relation between opposing principles or forces or factors, Ex. "the inherent antagonism of capitalism and socialism"
- adj: contrary to your interests or welfare, Ex. "adverse circumstances"; "made a place for themselves under the most untoward conditions"
adj: opposing one's interests or desire
adj: opposite; confronting
5 True/False questions
Affluence → verb: to accept/agree without protest
Ameliorate → vb: to make better. Ex. "The editor improved the manuscript with his changes"
Apprenticeship → adj: of or relating to or taking account of appeals (usually legal appeals), Ex. "appellate court"
adj: having jurisdiction to review cases on appeal and to reverse decisions of inferior courts
Affinity → noun; the property of being sour or sharp
Arbiter → noun: someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue