5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- mass movement
- a Dark-colored organic material in soil.
- b characteristic of a material that is full of tiny, connected air spaces that water can seep through
- c process in which sediment is laid down in new locations
- d any one of several processes by which gravity moves sediment downhill
- e Soil organism that breaks down the remains of organisms and digests them.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The layer of soil beneath the topsoil that contains mostly clay and other minerals.
- a chemical change in which a substance combines with oxygen, as when iron oxidizes, forming rust
- A measure of how well soil supports plant growth.
- The layer of soil that differs in color and texture from the layers above or below it.
- earth materials deposited by erosion
5 True/False questions
topsoil → The layer of soil beneath the topsoil that contains mostly clay and other minerals.
litter → Rich, fertile soil that is made up of about equal parts of clay, sand, and silt.
weathering → The breaking down of rocks and other materials on the Earth's surface.
erosion → The removal of rock particles by wind, water, ice, or gravity
acid rain → rain containing high amounts of chemical pollutants.