5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the seven wonders of the ancient world?
- what does mea culpa mean in latin?
- "The boy who cried wolf"
- What destroyed pompeii?
- What are the eight ivy league schools?
- a my fault or my blame
- b brown, columbia, ccornell, harvard, princeton, yale, dartmouth, and the unniversity of Pennsylvania
- c Colossus of Rhodes the hanging gardens of Babylon, the Pharos of Alexabdria, The pyramids of Egypt, statue of jupiter by phidias, the temple of Diana at Ephesu, and the tomb of Mausolus
- d An eruption from Mount Vesuvius
- e a younge sheperd who pretended that wolves were attacking his sheep and when the villagers came to help he would be laughing at them and one day when the wolves actually came the villagers didnt come
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the captain of the ship in the novel Moby Dick
- a fair(equal) exchange
- make decision now; stop hesitating
- in the legends of kind Aurthur; The capital of his kingdom
- truth, goodness and beauty
5 True/False Questions
what does modus operandi mean in latin? → method of operation
capital offense → a crime such as murder
Ivy League → a group of eight old distinguished colleges
Maya Angelou → expression from cathloic ritual that assigns blame to oneself
what is the latin meaning for semperfedelis? → always faithful