5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Maya Angelou
- What reigned in camelot?
- what does it mean to cut bait?
- Captain Ahab
- Alger, Horatio, Jr.
- a american author in the 19th century known for books where poor boys became rich through honest attitudes and hard work
- b to stop fishing
- c 20th century African american writer who is best known for an autobiographical account of growing up as a black girl in the rural south
- d the captain of the ship in the novel Moby Dick
- e truth, goodness and beauty
5 Multiple choice questions
- Colossus of Rhodes the hanging gardens of Babylon, the Pharos of Alexabdria, The pyramids of Egypt, statue of jupiter by phidias, the temple of Diana at Ephesu, and the tomb of Mausolus
- the standard set by the Supreme Court for judging when freedom of speech may lawfully be limited.
- brown, columbia, ccornell, harvard, princeton, yale, dartmouth, and the unniversity of Pennsylvania
- An eruption from Mount Vesuvius
- method of operation
5 True/False questions
"The boy who cried wolf" → a younge sheperd who pretended that wolves were attacking his sheep and when the villagers came to help he would be laughing at them and one day when the wolves actually came the villagers didnt come
Achilles → in mythology it is an extremey beautiful boy
Pompeii → A roman god of sleep and dreams
mea culpa → dry land
who is idealized as an amaerican camelot? → truth, goodness and beauty