5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- South Africa
- copper belt
- a the capital and largest city of Mozambique
- b the most industrialized country in Africa
- c the Dutch that settled in South Africa in the 1600's. The word comes from the Dutch word for farmers
- d a large area of copper mines
- e a tall grass whose seeds are used as grain and to make syrup
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the capital and largest city of Zimbabwe
- The Boers, German, Belgian, and French settlers of South Africa.
- the capital and largest city of Madagascar
- South Africa's first black president
- This desert spreads over southwestern Botswana.
5 True/False Questions
townships → Lake Malawi has over 500 species of this, more than any other inland body of water in the world.
fish → Lake Malawi has over 500 species of this, more than any other inland body of water in the world.
enclaves → a small part of the country that is separated from the main part
exclave → a small part of the country that is separated from the main part
apartheid → In 1948, the whites in South Africa set up this system that made it illegal for different races and ethnic groups to mix, thus limiting the rights of blacks